+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    So they weren't too bad - better than last time but still not really crunchy like I was hoping. They were a bit unevenly cooked so I think I should have shaken them a few more times.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416817615.543283.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    So they weren't too bad - better than last time but still not really crunchy like I was hoping. They were a bit unevenly cooked so I think I should have shaken them a few more times.
    Attachment 63744
    Next time spread them on a tray and put uncovered in the fridge overnight. Pat dry and lightly oil. It will make it more crunchy. Also I tried once dusting with garlic salt and they were yum too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    So they weren't too bad - better than last time but still not really crunchy like I was hoping. They were a bit unevenly cooked so I think I should have shaken them a few more
    They look a bit uneven. I wonder if your fryer is a just a dud? I generally don't even bother giving it a shake when cooking but they still come out crunchy and cooked evenly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure how much effort I'm willing to go to for the sake of some chips lol!

Maybe it is a dud fryer. I'll try again another day and see how it goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did sweet potato chips tonight and they were NOT good. Soggy soggy soggy. Anyone have tips on how to have crunchier sweet potato chippies?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Air Fryer Recipes

Quote Originally Posted by LoCo View Post
    Did sweet potato chips tonight and they were NOT good. Soggy soggy soggy. Anyone have tips on how to have crunchier sweet potato chippies?
    Try soaking them in water for 30 mins. It removes excess starch. Drain them, put them on paper towel (or even a tea towel) and pat them dry. Toss them in a bit of oil. I do this with any potatoes when making chips. Cutting them thin will make them crispier too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauzy View Post
    Try soaking them in water for 30 mins. It removes excess starch. Drain them, put them on paper towel (or even a tea towel) and pat them dry. Toss them in a bit of oil. I do this with any potatoes when making chips. Cutting them thin will make them crispier too.
    Ah thank you Lauzy😋

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (26-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Subbing picking one up in the sales