+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Love mine for cooking anything that would normally need the oven - no pre-heating, everything comes out super crispy! Awesome for heating up single serves of things like pies, sausage rolls.

Love making my own sweet potato fries in it too - cut them up, soak them for about 20 minutes, pat them dry with some paper towel, toss them with a light sprinkle of oil and then into the Airfryer for about 20 minutes, toss and shake after 10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I use mine for heaps of things - pita bread with tomato, basil, and some nutritional yeast sprinkled on top, fried tofu without the excessive amount of oil, have tried out chips and various fried vegetarian nuggets and the likes.
    Have made garlic bread, DS uses it to make toast. Hmm.. there is more, i just can't think atm.. Definitely good for single serve/ small amounts that you want straight away. I use it to fry slices of tomato all the time.

It's really quick in comparison to oven cooking provided you don't overload it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    Honestly, I was excited about making chips in it (I love hot chips!) but they came out just like the oven.

Then I had a baby so time to experiment is non-existent at the moment!
    Fresh chips or frozen chips?

With fresh cut chips. Soak them in water for 30 mins before airfrying. I also use a bit of canola oil on them too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chips taste like oven chips but that's probably because they're not soaked in oil. I'm used to the taste now and love that it's healthier. I got my air fryer with my flybuys points so I wasn't as hesitant about trying it out as I didn't have to spend money to buy it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny88 View Post
    Chips taste like oven chips but that's probably because they're not soaked in oil. I'm used to the taste now and love that it's healthier. I got my air fryer with my flybuys points so I wasn't as hesitant about trying it out as I didn't have to spend money to buy it.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app
    No way. .. air fryer chips are so much more crunchy than anything achievable in an oven.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    No way. .. air fryer chips are so much more crunchy than anything achievable in an oven.
    That's what I was hoping for but they weren't crunchy at all.

I don't want to use frozen chips, that seems kind of pointless. I wanted to do fresh homemade ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    That's what I was hoping for but they weren't crunchy at all.

I don't want to use frozen chips, that seems kind of pointless. I wanted to do fresh homemade ones.
    Hmm.. weird. What brand is your air fryer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh no pls don't say Tefal 🙉

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's Philips. I bought it from a friend (brand new in box though) who somehow ended up with 2.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope I like mine it was so expensive😢 I'll try it out tomorrow night and report back..