+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption

Default Air Fryer Recipes

After seeing in another thread how many people use Air Fryers, i would love to know what you love to cook in it and how. I am always looking for new things to try and love to experiment!

My favourite one at the moment:

Cut the top off a large tomato and scoop the insides out.
    Wrap a strip of bacon around the outside and secure with a toothpick
    Put a little bit of basil and garlic in the base, followed by chopped mushroom and then break an egg into it. Sprinkle with cheese (any type, i used feta last night)

Cook in the air fryer on 200 for about 10 - 15 minutes.

Yum Yum Yum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Omg subbing 😁 I will be an air fryer participant in about an hour😀😀

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing also. Was just discussing the purchase of one with DP.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have an air fryer and I'm so disappointed in it! Food comes out exactly like it would out of the oven. I might need to try some other things but the small capacity annoys me too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 14/11/14100 Posts in a week
    Dp really wants an air fryer but I'm not convinced it will be any better than the oven considering it will take up a considerable amount of space in our space poor kitchen.

Are they actually worth getting? Serious question.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I love mine so much! The cooking time is quicker, i hardly use any oil, the fat drips out and through the rack and it is cheaper and cooler to run then an oven. I find the size ok, but i got the larger sized one.

My DH thought it was a waste of money but i use it on a daily basis. Sometimes more then once.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

Amiedoll  (21-11-2014),DesperatelySeekingSleep  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    I have an air fryer and I'm so disappointed in it! Food comes out exactly like it would out of the oven. I might need to try some other things but the small capacity annoys me too.
    What sort of things have you tried to cook?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I don't have an air fryer but my mum does. From what I've seen, yes they operate very much like an oven, just on a smaller scale. My mum loves her's because it's just her and dad at home so she can cook enough for the two of them without having to heat up the whole oven and clean it after. Also if we go over for dinner she can do a bowl of chips or wedges really quickly and easily. Taste wise, the food does come out as if it's been in the oven, I guess it's called an air fryer because you can get things crispy similar to what you would in a fryer, although this can also be achieved in the oven.

I don't have one because I have a really small kitchen so I don't have the space, it's not a problem because anything I could make in the air fryer I could also cook in the oven. When we move to a bigger house I will probably get one though because I find at mum's place it's great for doing a small amount of something like chips, spring rolls etc quickly and without the hassle of the oven.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I make pork and apple rissoles and cook them in the air fryer so yummy, I grate a Granny Smith apple and mix it through the pork mince as well as a egg, onion salt and garlic. I also make yummy veggie chips but I cheat a little by using coconut oil, I put sliced beetroot, sweet potato and zucchini in a large bowl and stir through a tiny amount of coconut oil and whatever spices I think will taste nice. My family love both recipes

11. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

bpac  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bpac View Post
    What sort of things have you tried to cook?
    Honestly, I was excited about making chips in it (I love hot chips!) but they came out just like the oven.

Then I had a baby so time to experiment is non-existent at the moment!