+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks hon
    So you ended up not needing IVF in the end?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Carlar78 well so far, but unlikely I'll be able to handle multiple BFNs now that the LIT finishing today (although Dr N said to wait a full cycle before trying again 😞)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Riaki View Post
    Good luck today @Carlar78! Hope it's speedy paperwork for you both, we got to the police check part of IVF last year & ours only took 5 business day to turnaround (wrong test result to start with & I fell pregnant that month), we even did the counselling session before I knew I was pregnant.

Curious, has anyone on this thread had a laproscopy & ruled out endo? @freakedout44, @kristya?
    Sorry for the delayed response @Riaki. In answer to your question, we found out about issues with DH sperm before we had even started trying! There was never any reason to think anything else was wrong, but we had all the standard blood tests etc to rule out hormone issues etc. After about three full cycle failures I was given a d&c and a hysteroscopy, just to rule out any issues on my part. Nothing out of the ordinary there still, so no need for a laparoscopy.

Changed clinics after our fifth failed attempt and then got tested for DQ Alpha and NK cells - turns out I have high cells and DH and share similar DQ Alpha genes.

So hopefully those three issues are all we are up against!!!! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies.. @freakedout44, @Dizzy82, @Carlar78 (& anyone else who can relate!)

i am hoping you have had some positive news…..

Sorry I'm coming mid way through your thread, but you all seem to be seeing Dr Lolatgis, and I was hoping for a little advice.

Dr Nick has diagnosed me with a complete dq alpha match, ANAs…..

Dr Nick kept saying that it will be difficult for me to get pregnant and that i should probably explore donor sperm or gestational surrogacy. i told him that's not an option right now, so he will start me on a treatment plan of LIT etc… and that's a 5 month wait!

however after researching, dr braverman seems to do more extensive tests around HLA genes and seems more positive about my situation with the right treatment.

Have any of you explored working with braverman and lolatgis? if so, how did it go? what are the differences between the protocols?

many many thanks in advance. Emily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi emilyivf76, if I were you I'd get ball rolling on LIT with Dr N (ask to be put on waiting list for early appointment too) I'd also ask him to do a laproscopy... Can't speak from experience but I'd look into also having a consult with Dr M in Sydney, sounds like he does the deeper HLA testing that closely aligns to Dr B. I would also enquire with this clinic..

http://www.preventmiscarriage.com/Di...ustralia-.aspx

From Dr B's forum: "As you will read on my website DQalpha matching is a non issue, so there is no need for surrogacy. I posted 10 cases of 100% DQalpha match on my webstie , 9 had babies with us , only one did not that had an egg quality issue"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Riaki For This Useful Post:

emilyivf76  (21-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would strongly urge you to speak with Dr Matthias in Sydney. I'm seeing him and Dr nick is doing my treatments. Dr Matthias has amazing success rates, although additional testing is expensive (cost us $3k including courier fees) but he's got a proven track record. He doesn't see that matching DQ alpha genes as a major issue to overcome, he does HLA tissue typing and sees how many matches you have. He uses IVig and neupogen a lot.
    You can do LIT with Dr Matthias, he'd prob be able to get you in within a few months however he's more expensive than nick.
    What was your nk cell result?

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy82 For This Useful Post:

emilyivf76  (21-07-2015),Riaki  (20-07-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Riaki & @Dizzy82, thank you so much for your quick response

I figured I may as well organise teleconference appointments with Dr Braverman and Dr M while I'm waiting for my appoint and LIT with Dr Lolatgis.
    @Riaki, thank you I have now put myself on the waiting list with Dr L. Also, i'll contact the QLD agency to understand what they are all about…
    @Dizzy82, thanks for the recomm re Dr M. I called his office today and booked a phone appointment with him (earliest is in a month). The wait time for LIT seems to be a lot shorter too!

Can I please ask you…. why did you decide to see Dr M? Did Dr L suggest that you work with him? Or is this based on your research that Dr M is an Immunologist, and Dr L being an OB with an immunology slant? Just curious!

I'm asking this specifically because I was quite rushed in my last discussion with Dr L, I felt like he was quite pessimistic and was left trying to search the net for answers hence i'm just seeking other opinions!

Thank you so so much all… x

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh also @Dizzy82, i haven't yet done my NK biopsy yet..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've PM'd you

Thanks
    Reviews

Default News?

hello ladies,
    just wanted to see if there was an update. I found out yesterday DH and I have a 100% DQ alpha gene match. Told we have a 5% chance of conceiving with IVF and therapy and to look at donor sperm and surrogacy ;(

Wondering if there was any more news on Dr in Sydney vs Dr Lolatgis? id prefer to use Lolatgis if he does the same therapies as the doctor in sydney mentioned previously?

Any feedback welcome as i am so confused