+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Are you a complete match or a partial DQ match?

I'm partial but until I do a biopsy for NKC, Dr M can't tell me how to treat it, but it will most likely be IVIG and LIT.

There's something they can do hun, so you don't have to feel down.. Although I'm feeling that way too..
    Thank you for your replies! We haven't started IVF yet - we are just about to. We have counselling with Monash on Tuesday and an appointment in November to start with Primary IVF (booked ages ago before this gene stuff).

DH and I are both 39 years old. We met at 35 and are getting married in March 2017.

I can't sleep, can't eat, I'm now even questioning my relationship with him because we're genetically incompatible! We both had autoimmune skin conditions too (I had erythema nodosum and DH had or has delayed pressure urticaria). Maybe this was a clue earlier on. We have never fallen pregnant together so failure to implant. Neither of us have any other issues.

I'm not sure what a full or partial match is? The numbers are:

Me: DQA1: 01:03, 05:01/03/09
    DH: DQA1: 01:02, 05:01/03/09
    Me: DQB1: 03:01, 19.06:03
    DH: DQB1: 03:01, 19.05:02

Thank you so much for helping me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pingc383, thanks for the reply.

Been crying since I got the letter but also due for my period. A complete match makes me feel even worse. Dr Nick did the tests. Dr Stan did my lap/hyst and I got told NKC of 14 over the phone.

I just read quite a few pages on this and it's all so overwhelming. Haha! I was kidding about leaving my fiancé. Stupid thoughts! Lol!

So is it possible to fall pregnant with a full match too? How common is this?

I live in Melbourne so I'm seeing Dr Nick. Haven't even started IVF yet so don't know what to expect there either. It sounds like Dr Gamal is the miracle worker.

I wish you the best of luck and thank you for restoring my faith.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I just wanted to give you girls hope as I used to trawl these pages looking for success stories.
    Hubby and I were diagnosed with almost a full match 01:01/01:02 and 03:01 and I had high blood cells because of it (after having a live birth then a 10 week miscarriage). We're from Melbourne so seeing Nick.
    Consulted with Matthias and had Chicago testing and we had so many matches, like 7 hla matches.
    We did LIT a number of times, with nick and dr M and also used a friend as a donor for LIT.
    Ivig, clexane and neupogen which was Matthias's protocol on our very first transfer of a PGD embryo and I am currently 38 weeks pregnant.

Don't start looking at surrogacy or give up hope, you can overcome this. I highly recommend dr Matthias, I wouldn't be in this position without him.
    Best of luck to you all. xx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy82 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (18-10-2016),KittyCat  (17-10-2016),pingc383  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
    Hi
    I just wanted to give you girls hope as I used to trawl these pages looking for success stories.
    Hubby and I were diagnosed with almost a full match 01:01/01:02 and 03:01 and I had high blood cells because of it (after having a live birth then a 10 week miscarriage). We're from Melbourne so seeing Nick.
    Consulted with Matthias and had Chicago testing and we had so many matches, like 7 hla matches.
    We did LIT a number of times, with nick and dr M and also used a friend as a donor for LIT.
    Ivig, clexane and neupogen which was Matthias's protocol on our very first transfer of a PGD embryo and I am currently 38 weeks pregnant.

Don't start looking at surrogacy or give up hope, you can overcome this. I highly recommend dr Matthias, I wouldn't be in this position without him.
    Best of luck to you all. xx
    Hi Dizzy, thank you for the post. Wow, you're about to give birth! How exciting! That does give me hope. Although I'm 39 so I've left it a bit late. Why didn't you continue with Dr Nick and how did you consult Dr Matthias I.e., was it via phone and email or did you go to Sydney? I've got appointments with Primary IVF early Nov and Nick at the end of Nov as I wasn't sure which route to go down. I also don't understand the DQHLA thing. Just trying to read as much as possible. How long do you need to be on the drugs before transferring? Today is the first day I haven't cried about it. Lol! Thanks again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    @VanessaM don't delay, call Dr Matthias offices! You can get a phone consult. It's old school in terms of paying up front and have to transfer the money, was $300 but if you've reached the Medicare threshold you'll get a stack back. He wil then send you pathology request forms and you'll do bloods, get a follow up consult and he'll prescribe meds or treatment eg LIT and you'll go from there. I turn 42 next month and I'm not giving up yet!!
    Hi Ange, but we haven't started ivf as yet? How can he do IVF from interstate? Sorry for my ignorance. I'm so sad. I hope you're successful! ❤️

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KittyCat For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default High NK cells and possible DQ Alpha gene match

I second what @ange1111 said, @VanessaM. You need to be proactive. You need to get started. Rule out possible immune issues first. Call Dr Matthias for an appointment, his next available is probably in a few months. You can cancel anytime. It might be the case that you only need LIT for complete match. Then, you can try naturally. You may not need IVF, but don't delay, especially not at 39. If I knew I would have problems, I probably would have tried freezing my eggs years ago...

By the time you rule out immune issues and try naturally or even decide IVF, it could take months, by that time you'll be nearing 40... The quality of eggs at 40 is not as great as eggs at 39..

Help yourself hun., there's stacks of info here on these threads...go read them..and ask us any questions you have, we can help!! There are so many experienced women here.. Some women fell pregnant naturally after 8 years of trying because of Dr M!!!!!!!

Don't delay!!!
    Okay, I'll call tomorrow. Will I just google Dr G Matthias in Sydney or can someone PM me his contact details please? Do I need a referral? I had my counselling session at Monash today and they said I should have more counselling because I cried throughout. Lol! The others that fell pregnant naturally must have been much younger than me - were they? Regardless, I need to be proactive like you said and suck it up! I'll call tomorrow. Thanks again.
    Last edited by KittyCat; 18-10-2016 at 19:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Professor Gamal Matthias
    (02) 9709 4700
    He has three offices: one in Condell Park, one in Miranda and one in Bankstown I think.
    He does phone consults.
    Initial face to face or telephone consult costs $300. About $72 back from medicare.
    Subsequent appointments whether face to face or phone is $150 with I think $72 back from medicare.
    You will need a referral to get back any money with medicare.
    Just go to any gp or medical centre and ask for a referral to see him for suspected immune issues. They'll give it to you no questions asked.

All the best hun. Come and let us know what happens and ask any questions you have.

You may want to buy or read Dr Alan Beer's book "is your body baby friendly". Prof Matthias trained underneath Alan Beer, who was by all accounts the pioneer of treating immune related issues getting thousands of women pregnant. Sadly he died from a sudden stroke about 7 years ago.

You may not have any immune issues though, but best to rule them out.

x
    Thanks so much, I'll call tomorrow. Now you mention it, I should go ahead and start with Primary instead of waiting for my Monash appointment. At least I can get my eggs out before I turn 40 then do what Dr Matthias advises. I thought the DQ alpha match and NK cells of 14 was the immune issue? I'll also buy the book. Currently on Chinese herbs for nk cells, megafol, fish oil triple strength, elevit, metformin (PCOS diagnosed a long long time ago apparently it has gone but I was advised to stay on it) Valdoxan (anxiety depression), vitamin d... think that's it! A big concoction! Also trying to organise this bloody wedding. So much money argh! Tatts me outta here. Thanks again, I truly appreciate it and will let you know how I go.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KittyCat For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (20-10-2016),pingc383  (18-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    Okay, I'll call tomorrow. Will I just google Dr G Matthias in Sydney or can someone PM me his contact details please? Do I need a referral? I had my counselling session at Monash today and they said I should have more counselling because I cried throughout. Lol! The others that fell pregnant naturally must have been much younger than me - were they? Regardless, I need to be proactive like you said and suck it up! I'll call tomorrow. Thanks again.
    Hi @VanessaM. I fell pregnant naturally after 5 stim cycles with 9 transfers, 4x BFN and 5x BFP but all MC. While I was waiting for my next cycle as I had to cancel stim#6 as my hormones were too high I fell naturally. I am now 23 weeks with a complete DQ gene alpha match and things seem to be progressing well. I am 37 and so is DH.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (20-10-2016),KittyCat  (19-10-2016),pingc383  (19-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Olive79 View Post
    Hi @VanessaM. I fell pregnant naturally after 5 stim cycles with 9 transfers, 4x BFN and 5x BFP but all MC. While I was waiting for my next cycle as I had to cancel stim#6 as my hormones were too high I fell naturally. I am now 23 weeks with a complete DQ gene alpha match and things seem to be progressing well. I am 37 and so is DH.
    Thanks Olive, that is truly amazing especially after I learnt how expensive it was yesterday. Pregnancy is definitely one of those magical mysteries where all the stars need to be aligned. Were you on immune therapy? What a roller coaster ride! And then to fall naturally! Wow!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    Thanks Olive, that is truly amazing especially after I learnt how expensive it was yesterday. Pregnancy is definitely one of those magical mysteries where all the stars need to be aligned. Were you on immune therapy? What a roller coaster ride! And then to fall naturally! Wow!
    Yes I am on immune therapy. DH and I have a complete DQ gene alpha match, so lots of treatment to keep the baby alive and kicking.