Quote Originally Posted by Lastchance75 View Post
    Can we use a laverty form at Douglas?
    Yep

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

Lastchance75  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Ok, so I went to the GP this morning with DH. They only have Laverty forms, so I asked GP to write the exact same thing as Dr M wrote on his form. I didn't show the GP the form, I just said his receptionist asked me to go to my GP and get the "Coeliac genotyping HLA DQA, DQB, DQR". I then ticked Bulk-bill and urgent and added Prof M's postal address so he can get a copy of the report.

Then I took the form to Douglas. I was actually quite lucky because I went in first, before DH. The nurse was actually very nice and she looked it up on the computer and took the test, she didn't say anything about needing to pay.

At the same time, DH went in with another nurse and she told him that he would have to pay. DH said "that doesn't sound right. You better go tell my wife", then I happened to come out. The nurse my DH had asked my nurse if it was bulk billed and my nurse said "yes, it's bulk billed". She asked "are you sure?" and she said "yes". Apparently that wasn't good enough and she asked her for a third time "so it's bulk billed, right?" and my nurse gave a thumbs up. My DH's nurse was not convinced, but proceeded to take blood...

I think it is bulk billed. We didn't have to pay, but if you get a nurse who hasn't a clue, I suggest you tell her to check again because Douglas Hanley Moir results ppl told you it was and your doctor told you it was...
    @Lastchance75 also didn't have a problem when she went and she wasn't charged when she got it from her GP.
    Omg you got soooo lucky!!! Ok will give it a shot tomorro morn!! Will be interesting to see how long takes to get back. Thank you for letting me know how you went!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ange1111 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (29-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Shakiera

This is probably way too late but I wondered how you went with Nick and LITs, Clexane, etc?

We just received a positive DQ test back and I'm struggling. Crying etc. You said there were some good news stories but I can't see them?

I'm also quite old so with this gene issue now, I don't think I have any hope. So sad. I will try and read back in these forums however your post was the first to come up.

I'm new to this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @VanessaM I had a full dq alpha match and was almost 38 when I started treatment. 2nd transfer gave me my healthy boy. Good luck x

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BB77 For This Useful Post:

pingc383  (14-10-2016),VanessaM  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by VanessaM View Post
    Hi Shakiera

This is probably way too late but I wondered how you went with Nick and LITs, Clexane, etc?

We just received a positive DQ test back and I'm struggling. Crying etc. You said there were some good news stories but I can't see them?

I'm also quite old so with this gene issue now, I don't think I have any hope. So sad. I will try and read back in these forums however your post was the first to come up.

I'm new to this!
    Hi @VanessaM!
    I also have a complete match and I am currently 22+4weeks pregnant thanks to DrM. I never ever thought I would get this far and was looking into surrogacy. If you head over to the natural killer cells thread you will find a lot more activity and success stories there!
    http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...Cells-9/page50
    Good luck!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive79 For This Useful Post:

VanessaM  (16-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pingc383 View Post
    Are you a complete match or a partial DQ match?

I'm partial but until I do a biopsy for NKC, Dr M can't tell me how to treat it, but it will most likely be IVIG and LIT.

There's something they can do hun, so you don't have to feel down.. Although I'm feeling that way too..
    Thank you for your replies! We haven't started IVF yet - we are just about to. We have counselling with Monash on Tuesday and an appointment in November to start with Primary IVF (booked ages ago before this gene stuff).

DH and I are both 39 years old. We met at 35 and are getting married in March 2017.

I can't sleep, can't eat, I'm now even questioning my relationship with him because we're genetically incompatible! We both had autoimmune skin conditions too (I had erythema nodosum and DH had or has delayed pressure urticaria). Maybe this was a clue earlier on. We have never fallen pregnant together so failure to implant. Neither of us have any other issues.

I'm not sure what a full or partial match is? The numbers are:

Me: DQA1: 01:03, 05:01/03/09
    DH: DQA1: 01:02, 05:01/03/09
    Me: DQB1: 03:01, 19.06:03
    DH: DQB1: 03:01, 19.05:02

Thank you so much for helping me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi pingc383, thanks for the reply.

Been crying since I got the letter but also due for my period. A complete match makes me feel even worse. Dr Nick did the tests. Dr Stan did my lap/hyst and I got told NKC of 14 over the phone.

I just read quite a few pages on this and it's all so overwhelming. Haha! I was kidding about leaving my fiancé. Stupid thoughts! Lol!

So is it possible to fall pregnant with a full match too? How common is this?

I live in Melbourne so I'm seeing Dr Nick. Haven't even started IVF yet so don't know what to expect there either. It sounds like Dr Gamal is the miracle worker.

I wish you the best of luck and thank you for restoring my faith.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I just wanted to give you girls hope as I used to trawl these pages looking for success stories.
    Hubby and I were diagnosed with almost a full match 01:01/01:02 and 03:01 and I had high blood cells because of it (after having a live birth then a 10 week miscarriage). We're from Melbourne so seeing Nick.
    Consulted with Matthias and had Chicago testing and we had so many matches, like 7 hla matches.
    We did LIT a number of times, with nick and dr M and also used a friend as a donor for LIT.
    Ivig, clexane and neupogen which was Matthias's protocol on our very first transfer of a PGD embryo and I am currently 38 weeks pregnant.

Don't start looking at surrogacy or give up hope, you can overcome this. I highly recommend dr Matthias, I wouldn't be in this position without him.
    Best of luck to you all. xx

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dizzy82 For This Useful Post:

ange1111  (18-10-2016),pingc383  (17-10-2016),VanessaM  (17-10-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
    Hi
    I just wanted to give you girls hope as I used to trawl these pages looking for success stories.
    Hubby and I were diagnosed with almost a full match 01:01/01:02 and 03:01 and I had high blood cells because of it (after having a live birth then a 10 week miscarriage). We're from Melbourne so seeing Nick.
    Consulted with Matthias and had Chicago testing and we had so many matches, like 7 hla matches.
    We did LIT a number of times, with nick and dr M and also used a friend as a donor for LIT.
    Ivig, clexane and neupogen which was Matthias's protocol on our very first transfer of a PGD embryo and I am currently 38 weeks pregnant.

Don't start looking at surrogacy or give up hope, you can overcome this. I highly recommend dr Matthias, I wouldn't be in this position without him.
    Best of luck to you all. xx
    Hi Dizzy, thank you for the post. Wow, you're about to give birth! How exciting! That does give me hope. Although I'm 39 so I've left it a bit late. Why didn't you continue with Dr Nick and how did you consult Dr Matthias I.e., was it via phone and email or did you go to Sydney? I've got appointments with Primary IVF early Nov and Nick at the end of Nov as I wasn't sure which route to go down. I also don't understand the DQHLA thing. Just trying to read as much as possible. How long do you need to be on the drugs before transferring? Today is the first day I haven't cried about it. Lol! Thanks again.