+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Also I don't have any of the parents contact number. Some I have only spoken to today at dd kindy orientation. Rsvp was last Saturday so I feel like it's too long gone now to bring it up.
    Last edited by Jontu; 20-11-2014 at 17:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would at this stage just cater for 6 kids in expectation that they will probably show up on the day.

I do find it quite odd that it wasn't mentioned during the meet-ups though. I understand you felt uncomfortable but they didn't mention it either? No 'see you on the wknd?' I just don't know what to make of that!

No RSVP is a pet hate of mine, but I do understand some people just don't understand RSVP etiquette.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (20-11-2014)

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would ask them. Heaps of people didn't RSVP to my son's party and almost all of them rocked up on the day.

Pet. Hate.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Witwicky For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    yeah I have my dd's b'day next week. still waiting on 11 rsvp's including her godmother. (who has already had a winge of ''having' to turn up).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ellewood View Post
    I would at this stage just cater for 6 kids in expectation that they will probably show up on the day.

I do find it quite odd that it wasn't mentioned during the meet-ups though. I understand you felt uncomfortable but they didn't mention it either? No 'see you on the wknd?' I just don't know what to make of that!

No RSVP is a pet hate of mine, but I do understand some people just don't understand RSVP etiquette.
    Sorry let me clarify that it wasn't a meet up. I just saw one of the mums at dd school orientation our dd know each other and that's the first time we actually spoke. If she was a friend then of course I would ask.

Eta: dd is attending one of the kids (who's parents did not rsvp) bday party this weekend. This is a different child to the one who's mum I met today. I have never met this other mum before but only contacted her via sms to reply to her invite. I just thought it might seem weird that I am directly asking her and therefore she may feel obliged to say yes bc we are attending her dd party. Bit confusing sorry if I am not explaining properly.
    I think I am over analyzing it all now. I know I should just ask but if I am being completely honest I am talking myself out of it bc of fear of rejection, something that still upsets me from my childhood that I won't go into

Thanks everyone for your replies.
    Last edited by Jontu; 20-11-2014 at 22:11.