+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DH and I have the same ideas mostly. Just when it comes down to how to implement our ideas on a day-to-day level is we will disagree sometimes. When you are busy/tired/stressed its hard sometimes to be calm and level headed and so both of us don't always parent to our own ideals. Usually if one of us is struggling the other steps up to help out (obviously that only happens when both of us are home). I found a parenting book/website that we both really like the strategies offered so we sometimes refer back to that.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Beautifully said ladies. Thank you!!

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Df and I both agree on what the end outcome should be and what we value the most an want to instil in our own children. We have different methods however. But, because I have a pedagogical background and have been the primary caregiver while he works, I have authority and final say over how we parent them. He has a tendency to be too hard line with our sons, and because they are now 6 he all of a sudden expects them to exhibit adult traits with things such as listening and doing what they're told.
    But, as I have said, if I feel he is expecting too much I gently remind him of their limits and bring him back onto my page.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

AdornedWithCats  (24-11-2014),supamumma  (24-11-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by supamumma View Post
    Thanks everyone! Those were exactly the responses I needed. If you felt like answering another question...?

How do you manage to get on to the same page? Do you feel that you've worked hard on talking things through or were you close in ideas about parenting to begin with so you didn't need to work too hard to get there?

Thanks ladies. Your comments are such a help and I'll be able to use them in my book.

Regards

Leisa
    I do a lot of reading and research into parenting ideas. I often share this with DH (he often doesn't read it) and will bring things up, ie. smacking and start a conversation. Often we are usually on the same page already. Mostly we are on the same page and have been more or less from the beginning. We did study philosophy together so we have had a lot of general discussion that can be extrapolated out to parenting ideas & values. If I read anything interesting I like to share it with DH and then we will discuss it. If we argue about parenting style it is usually about the practical application rather than the overall philosophy. I think when we met we were both very similar so that definitely has helped.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH and I had quite different upbringings so we talked a lot about our parenting styles before we had even conceived and we were definitely on the same page. We now have a 3 yo and an 18 month old, and although most of the time we work together, there have been times when I've thought he was too harsh and needs to try to empathise and be more understanding of our toddlers behaviour, whereas he thinks I'm being too soft and need to stop trying to think like a 3 year old! In general though, we completely agree on the way we want our children brought up and the morals and behaviours that are important to us. We also have a lot of respect for each other, so if there is an issue that one of us feels strongly about, we will always try to accommodate each other.