This is my 2nd PG and all going well we're looking to go private this time (went public for 1st). I've started researching OBs in my area and am about to start calling them with a few questions before I book in an appointment (waiting until after my dating scan to do this next week).
What questions should I ask at this early stage? Assuming I'll be talking to a receptionist or midwife as apposed to the actual OB on the phone? I'm hoping for a VBAC and want to ensure my OB is very supportive and open to VBAC and not unnecessarily strict.
Q's I've thought of so far:
- What is your experience with VBACs?
- What is the usual procedure for monitoring a VBAC labor? Is this flexible?
- Do you have wireless monitoring?
- Is it possible to have a water birth with VBAC, all going well?
- What are your approx fees and when are these due? What is covered by medicare/private health?
- Have you got any holidays booked for the next 9 months and if so what are the dates?
- If I would like to have a doula or private midwife at the birth how do you feel about this?
What other things should i be asking (just to make my decision on who to go with?)?