+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Don't stress. If she is 12 months she can survive without a drink of cows milk. Go out and have some fun!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (02-01-2015),TSW13  (03-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I would try not to stress about it too much, My Dd is almost one and only has 1-2 bottles of milk a day, that she could go without if for some reason she didn't want it at the time.

Have you tried giving it to her in a cup cold? My Dd will drink anything from a cup (I think it's a novelty).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I bf my 14 month old between 2-4 a day generally (mostly 4).
    She eats solid like a champion.
    I don't think there is a wrong or a right answer.
    As long as the pair of you are happy doing what you are doing Id say it's right for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah she drinks cold milk throughout the day fine.
    I will get to go out sooner or later vicpark lol and when I do it will be awesome haha.
    Well tonight I got a drink of milk for her and my mum fed it to her. Didn't drink much but still had a bit. I'm not so worried now about that so I guess wait to see how it goes when I'm bot around lol :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi
    I just weaned my 18 month old. Stopped night feeds first, introduced the morning feed of cows milk (first thing, when she woke up - 5 ounces) once she got a taste for it, I just waited for her cues. She kind off refused the breast a couple of weeks ago on her own (I was a bit sad, but I guess she was ready)
    I, for one, believe that bubs can be breastfed as long as they want it, but as a supplement to their solids once over 12 months of age.
    And no, she won't need formula at night, if she's eating well during the day, her night feeds are probably only for the comfort it brings her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I also wouldn't worry about if she drinks the cow's milk. My demand breast fed 16 month old can go all day without a feed if I'm not around. As long as she's drinking water and eating food I'm not worried. She makes up for it with lots of boobie when I'm back!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! Successfully left bub over night! She went to sleep 8pm woke at 9:30pm for 15mins then went back to sleep and stayed asleep until 7am. We went without a night time and morning feed as well. Boobs were so sore the next day.
    Thanks for all your reassurance though it helped me feel more relaxed!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TSW13 For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (19-01-2015)