+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    All my kids still believe they're 10, 7, 5 and 7 months.. But they know ( or think) Santa brings one present each or to share and we buy the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I thought it was a common consensus that the shop Santa's were Santa's helpers not the actual Santa and I remember some sort of magic key that you could buy at the shops so Santa could come in through the front door.

Don't see the shop Santa's any different then getting a photo with Mickey Mouse at Disneyland.

Like other posters I'm happy for the magic to continue
    I'm sure i was fed that story as a child and it didn't stop me questioning the lie.
    I'm still quite amazed at how old kids that still believe are. My eldest is 10 and amongst his group of friends there doesn't seem to be any believers still. I just thought that would have been the general consenus amongst kids that age and over, particularly in this day and age of the internet and the likes.
    Oh well, whatever goes i guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    DD is 10 and asked about a week ago if Santa was real and she wasn't sure anymore. I didn't feel comfortable lying and came clean. She said she had a hunch since last year lol "How could Santa possibly make it all around the world in one night Mum? That's what got me thinking." Kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    My DD is nine and a few weeks ago she quietly came to me and said "I know Santa isn't real. It's you and Dad. Is it okay that I know this?" And I said of course it was and before I could say anything about keeping quiet she said she'd always play along for other kids and her brothers and she started off, paused, came back and gave me a big hug and said thank you for all the awesome presents we've gotten her. Bless!

DS1 is nearly 7 and I don't think it will be too much longer until he's a non believer, he's just to analytical and I can see him sort scratching his head about it all and that's fine with me because while we've done the Santa thing we've never had photos with him or been massive fans.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

FrothyFrog  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    http://www.popsugar.com/moms/Telling-Kids-Truth-About-Santa-27332439 I love this letter to confirm with your child the truth about Santa My Oldest is 8 and still believes.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jarylee For This Useful Post:

Jensha  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    http://www.popsugar.com/moms/Telling-Kids-Truth-About-Santa-27332439 I love this letter to confirm with your child the truth about Santa My Oldest is 8 and still believes.
    I don't know how to hyperlink it...?

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 is 5 & has figured it out. He kept saying, "I know you are Santa, mummy". I kept denying it and he kept insisting until I crumbled in a moment of weakness.

He has promised to keep it a secret from his little brothers though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarylee View Post
    http://www.popsugar.com/moms/Telling...Santa-27332439 I love this letter to confirm with your child the truth about Santa My Oldest is 8 and still believes.
    Thank you 😄 i love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    My DD is nine and a few weeks ago she quietly came to me and said "I know Santa isn't real. It's you and Dad. Is it okay that I know this?" And I said of course it was and before I could say anything about keeping quiet she said she'd always play along for other kids and her brothers and she started off, paused, came back and gave me a big hug and said thank you for all the awesome presents we've gotten her. Bless!

DS1 is nearly 7 and I don't think it will be too much longer until he's a non believer, he's just to analytical and I can see him sort scratching his head about it all and that's fine with me because while we've done the Santa thing we've never had photos with him or been massive fans.
    That's so lovely

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Jensha For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest is 9 and still believes. I am desperate to keep the magic for as long as possible. I remember knowing Santa couldn't be real as a kid but so desperately loved the magic of Xmas that I played along for as long as possible.