+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Believing in Santa

For those that do Santa what age and how did your kids know the truth?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I think DS was about 6 or 7, a friend slipped up
    I still remember when I found out.. my grade 3 teacher let it slip to the whole class :sly:
    I do know people who have never done santa with their kids..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was quiet old when I found out and stopped believing.
    My ds is nearly 10 and still believes, or at least has never said anything different to me

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friends son is 12 next week and he still believes. I hope my kids do at least until they are 8 or 9

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 8 year old DD still believes but I think my 12 year old DS doesn't. My older two (15 & 17) don't but I always write From Santa on the name tags. I still disguise my handwriting and I still make all of them write letters to Santa!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    We do santa differently to most. We have him as part of of Christmas celebrations. But for my kids he is a combination of the story of St nic and the modern day myth. They are never taught he is a real person as such.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    I found out when I was 12, in grade 7 when we were given the letters to santa written by the younger grades and our job was to reply to them. I will admit, I truly did still believe and it was devastating to find out that way especially because I was made fun of.

My sons are 6, 4 and 1 and they all still believe, although I have gone about it differently than my parents. Ive told my children that santa is only real if you believe in him, because we have friends that do not celebrate xmas and kids who dont believe in santa. Its worked well for us so far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think I was about Grade 3 or 4, pieced it together through a few slip ups from Mum and Dad.

DS and DD have phone calls from Santa, as well as the PNP videos sent to them. I love Christmas, the smells, the decorations and old Christmas carols such as Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Chuck Berry. The traditions will live well beyond the existence of Santa.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Did is 7 and has been asking me because kids at school have said its not Santa its your parents I felt like it was too young to let her know. So I just said Santa is real if you believe he is 😖

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensha View Post
    Did is 7 and has been asking me because kids at school have said its not Santa its your parents I felt like it was too young to let her know. So I just said Santa is real if you believe he is 😖
    Really? I'm shocked reading that some kids still believe as old as 12. I honestly thought by about 7 most kids would have figured it out.