+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Dating Scan Tomorrow

Quick introduction - my name is Jessica, 22, and I got a BFP yesterday.

I had a very feint line just under a week ago, and figured it was some sort of screw-up. I tested in the morning yesterday (18/11, the partner's birthday) and it was definitely a second line. I went to the doctor straight away and again, had a second line appear.

Going from my last period, my doctor has estimated 7 weeks (due on my birthday) but due to PCOS and the fact I've never had regular cycles, she's referred me for a dating scan. Earliest I could get was tomorrow around midday.

I know I have to drink 1L of water between 10 and 12, and all that jazz, but I'm just wondering what to expect. Should I be asking any specific questions?
    I've had one previous loss before, but never had a dating scan, and I'm adamant that I want everything to go right this time. Nerves are setting in. Help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    You have nothing to worry about and there isn't any questions you need to worry about at the scan. The radiographer will take the pics of your bub but isn't really qualified to discuss much with you. The doctor will check over everything and prepare a report that goes along with the ultrasound. If you had any questions after that it is best to take your results back to your GP and discuss it there. Good luck and congratulations. FX that all goes well for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'm sure it will all be fine. I have pcos too and my doctors estimate was way out. They will definitely go by the scan measurements to estimate due date.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm ready starting to worry.
    I'm trying to tell myself that people have babies all the time and it's probably going to be okay, there's this huge chance that everything will be fine.
    But I have miscarried before. I've already been part of the "everything isn't okay", and I'm scared.
    Today is either going to go fantastic, and everything will be wonderful and this whole thing may finally sink in as reality (it's slowly getting there but I've only known for just under 48 hours).
    Or it's going to go terribly and this entire "fantasy" feeling i have is going to come crashing down around me.

I want things to be okay. I just really, really want things to go right this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Stay positive and just take one step at a time. I can understand the fear, just don't let it weigh you down. Go forward with with positive vision. Try distracting yourself or something of the like. We are all crossing our fingers for you. Xxx

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Good luck for today hun, I'm sure everything will go fine!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Went in, and was told by a rather annoyed technician "your bladder is empty".
    I drank 1L between 9.50 and 10.50, I did what I was told to. Don't be ****y at me I'm stressed enough and now I'm in a waiting room chugging down water.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Were you busting to pee when you went in? I usually only drink half a litre 30 minutes before and that's all I can do without literally peeing my pants. It shouldn't take too long to fill your bladder up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't busting but I certainly had to go.
    I'm getting towards busting now. This sucks.
    Between fear and physical discomfort of "dear god let me go pee" this is not enjoyable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeshika View Post
    I wasn't busting but I certainly had to go.
    I'm getting towards busting now. This sucks.
    Between fear and physical discomfort of "dear god let me go pee" this is not enjoyable.
    Best of luck with your scan! I don't think your bladder has to be 100% full, just not empty. Can you let off just a little or is it a case of once you start, you can't stop?
    I have my scan next week, counting down the days. Its been 4 years since my last dating scan, I forgot about the water thing...