+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    My son always comes home with little scrapes and bruises and this doesn't bother me. Anything medium to major I hear about. But my son is two and never sits still. He literally climbs things all day. On a 10 month old? Unacceptable.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm after a few more advice please.

If we remove our child from the childcare immediately, do we still need to pay for the notice period? Or is this excuse sufficient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    The directors dismissive attitude is concerning. I'd honestly take my child out. My DS went to a similar sounding centre and one day i caught the director physically abusing him. If alarm bells are ringing now, get out before things potentially get worse. Childcare workers fabricate stories and cover for each other. My DS had a massive scratch down his neck one day and the workers got together and agreed on a story of another boy trying to get a toy off my DS and scratching him. I asked DS what happened and he said he tried to run after me when i dropped him off, the carer grabbed him by the collar and scratched his neck. Why even lie about it?

5. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

Izy  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chook88 View Post
    I'm after a few more advice please.

If we remove our child from the childcare immediately, do we still need to pay for the notice period? Or is this excuse sufficient.
    If it was me, I wouldn't pay. They'll try to make you though. Cancel your direct debit if you have one. I'd write a letter to the director explaining the safety concerns and that you'll be following this up with the relevant childcare regulatory body.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bond Girl For This Useful Post:

Izy  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When do you ever trust the child care. I'm feeling really uneasy more and more

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I agree with everything above. Trust mummy instincts... So many alarm bells went off reading your story.

They don't sound very interested an my mind would be going to what is happening that you can't see...

I admit my cc isn't brilliant at incident reports... Sometimes they just tell me what happened and ask if I want a report - but they still tell me what happened and what they did afterwards... If it required first aid I'm sure I would see a report but it's mostly just tumbles.... I would also be reporting them... I shudder other children are subjected to this...

Harvest moon your story made me physically ill when I read that... Grabbing him around the neck area and fixing a lie to cover it up... Uhhhh...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I sign an incident report for my dd every week. She is extremely accident prone, both at home and at child care. However, the educators at her child care tell me of incidents as soon as I arrive for pickup, no mater how minor they are. Anything on the face/head or that bleeds, I get a phone call at work.

You need to report your child care centre as this doesn't sound like an isolated incident....

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nudge88 For This Useful Post:

Izy  (21-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    OP it *is* hard to feel like you can trust anyone and first and sometimes it's hard to tell the difference between gut instinct and paranoia. Our son has had a few minor injuries of late - one was a decent size scratch on his leg and the other was a few bruises on his forehead. The carers rushed to my DH to tell him what had happened both times though and one was nearly in tears about the scratch - they didn't know at first what had happened but searched the room, found a chair that had a bit of sharp plastic sticking out and promptly threw away the chair. (The bruises were from him climbing to the top of the baby slide - 1m off the ground - and stacking it. Totally fits with his normal behaviour!)

I don't actually know what my centre's policy is on incident reports and obviously accidents happen sometimes but the cavalier attitude would really concern me. And you've given the centre a month - long enough to have the normal initial anxiety subside. So if you're feeling more concerned rather than less, I think it's time to make a change. I don't know about the $ side but I agree with PPs who say that you should simply refuse to pay for the notice period on the basis that you don't feel your child is safe.

You will eventually find somewhere that you trust and that you feel more comfortable rather than less as time goes on. I was very anxious at first but I now know with 100% certainty that the carers at my centre adore my son and look after him as though he was their own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we have been told by the centre director that he had a 'soft fall' and accidents do happen and they will take it up to the staff responsible.
    We aren't happy with the reply and we have advised that we are taking our child out of the centre and we are not providing a 2 week notice period although we have already paid in advance 1 week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you're having doubts and your son is being hurt and not taken care of properly then don't send him back. Take it further if you have to. We put our trust in these people to care for out kids when we can't and that's what should be expected.