+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Anyone heard of hcg treatment for weightloss???

Well, my routine for losing baby weight just like the last times is not working and I'm really starting to get quite upset about it.

Went to doctor, got some bloods done this morning and he has referred me on to another doctor who does hcg treatment, but couldn't tell me much about it. Have googled and it looks like the results aren't all that consistent, it could be expensive, may work for those who are 'hungry' but I'm quite used to small meals. I also question it for the fact that I would have had hcg in my system when pregnant and I put on a ridiculous amount this time. I'm assuming that what ever is out of sorts at the moment was also out of sorts whilst I was pregnant.

If anyone has any information about it that would be great. I haven't rung for an appt yet as I hate to waste money on something that is just a fad or won't actually be treating what is wrong with me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ive never heard of hcg working for weightloss, but you have lost 21kg which is great!! how long has it taken to get that much off? it is really really hard and a slow process, ive been there myself, what do you eat during the day?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I feel terrible still as the weight hasn't shifted properly in months now. It's very discouraging. If I hadn't lost it this way with the other kids I probably would have given up by now.

I wouldn't mind if I wasn't trying so hard, but I've been doing so well for months now and it usually comes off. I'm at the point where I'm going to have to buy more bras and clothes in this size if I can't lose it soon as my pregnancy training bras are threadbare and falling apart - literally!

I was 55kg before trying for our last baby. Put on 41kg - was full pregnancy weight. The first 10kg came off in the first few weeks through baby, placenta and fluids. I watched what I ate after the first week, but still made good choices whilst I was in hospital. The next 10kg has come off slowly, but a little too slowly and bounces regularly. I've only lost about 2kg in the last couple of months, whereas usually I would lose an average of a kilo a week.

It makes no sense. I was on shakes not too long after birth, when the weight stopped coming off I thought perhaps my body had gone into famine mode even though I was making sure I was eating things like veg sticks, nuts, fruit and a couple of crackers in between shakes and meals. I have a low cal/carb meal with lean protein for dinner - either salad or veg based. I went to just having low cal/carb meals without the shakes for a while and that wasn't working either so I went back onto the shakes.

Went and saw doctor as I've also had bloods come back showing insulin resistance in the past but I noticed she didn't put any of that on this time. 41kg was a lot for me to put on during pregnancy as I still worked out before and after my bedrest period of 8 weeks and didn't go stupid on the eating side.

How are you getting along with things?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @Little Ted first up, you have done amazing and you really should be so proud of that. May i ask how many calories you eat every day? You may well be eating far too little. Also what types of foods are you eating? Sorry for all of the questions but I am loosing 30+ kilos and may have a few hints

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsMummaButterfly For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There's a website called Changing Habits that uses the hcg protocol. I haven't done it myself but know about it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to IvyRain For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    well ive reached my goal.. I went from 89kg to 64 but it was horrendously slow. I tried shakes etc but in the end settled for low carb high protein. have you had your thyroids checked? maybe that's it?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterFarts For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes my friend who is a pharmacist organises this for customers. As far as I know it's for those hard to shift kilos around your middle. It's very restrictive for the first 2 or so weeks and then you slowly add different foods back in. My other friend did it for about 6 weeks and was successful in losing about 5-10 kg (she didn't have much to lose) but that's all I know about it sorry.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnybambino For This Useful Post:

Little Ted  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkbug View Post
    Hi @Little Ted first up, you have done amazing and you really should be so proud of that. May i ask how many calories you eat every day? You may well be eating far too little. Also what types of foods are you eating? Sorry for all of the questions but I am loosing 30+ kilos and may have a few hints
    Between 1200-1500. If I exercise I add in extra protein and fruit. I've lost weight after my other 3 main pregnancies at a steady pace but just isn't working this time. Types of meals include:

* lean roasts with steamed low-carb veg
    * salads with grilled chicken
    * mexican minus the breads
    * bbq with salads
    * roast chook and salad

snacks I've already mentioned. I drink mostly water with an occasional tea (unsweetened).

Quote Originally Posted by Minchi View Post
    well ive reached my goal.. I went from 89kg to 64 but it was horrendously slow. I tried shakes etc but in the end settled for low carb high protein. have you had your thyroids checked? maybe that's it?
    Great work Minchi! I don't mind it taking time, but just frustrated that it isn't moving at all. Usually it goes down at a steady rate with a couple of expected plateaus, but not ones that last a couple of months! I noticed that the TSH was on the form for bloods that I had done today.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnybambino View Post
    Yes my friend who is a pharmacist organises this for customers. As far as I know it's for those hard to shift kilos around your middle. It's very restrictive for the first 2 or so weeks and then you slowly add different foods back in. My other friend did it for about 6 weeks and was successful in losing about 5-10 kg (she didn't have much to lose) but that's all I know about it sorry.
    I read that they thought that the weight loss was due to the restriction in calories and nothing to do with the hcg treatment. Though, on the other hand, some people thought that it worked. If it only suppresses appetite then I don't need it as I don't need to eat any less and I don't feel hungry and feeling ill all the time in order to do this will not make looking after 4 kids easy.

I do thank everyone for their help - it's great to nut this out with someone and is getting to the point I'm not sure what else to do. I'm eating enough for my body not to be in starvation mode and I'm definitely not hungry anymore during the day and haven't been so for some time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,
    I also have tried to lose my weight but any diet didn't helped me. And the exercises taken daily did not have any effect. What helped me was the slimming pills orlistat. I'm sure that you have heard about xenical these are the same pills. But the result is very good, minus 9 kg just in about six weeks. I'm very happy. But the only think is that these pills you can get only from the online pharmacy. I was lucky to find a good one, not expensive and reliable.
    Ok...I wish you all the best my dear.