+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default DD has chipped about 1/4 off her front tooth.. options?

DD has chipped a solid quarter off her front tooth. I know it is only a baby tooth, but has anyone faced a similar situation?

Is there a way of having it fixed, it is a baby front tooth and she is 2- 4 more years of photos to go until it falls out.

tazz475 is offline Holy banjo, check out boob mountain!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I know that dentists can grind the tooth down to even it out but if it goes a fair way up it may look funny with one half of a tooth next to a whole one. Otherwise your dentist should be able to patch it up and fill the gap.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tazz475 For This Useful Post:

Nomia  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did the same thing. You can get it kind of built up, I guess it depends what angle it is chipped at etc. From memory my tooth ended up dying and turning a grayish colour

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Yes it can be fixed provided the roots are still good. My DS did the same thing to his 2 front adult teeth but because he is still growing there is no permanent solution possible atm, so his front 2 teeth are half white fillings. The dentist said they will most likely be knocked out over the years and need to be redone but we are almost 2 years on and he still has the same fillings.
    Once he has all his adult teeth/has finished growing we can get them capped.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd did the same and the tiniest bit of nerve was exposed so they decided the safest option was to pull it. As it would most likely die and possibly abcess and affect the permanant teeth

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD face planted the tiles when she was about 10 months old and chipped the inside corner of her front tooth off. They said there wasn't anything to be done about it and just made sure it wasn't sharp and going to cut her mouth.

Then she fell off some park equipment and chipped the other front tooth - she is a clumsy one - a few months after, again Nothing to be done.

I think it just adds character to her cheeky smile ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Adult teeth yes they will fix, baby teeth no.

I have assisted with them fixing adult teeth even just temporarily and it takes AGES so I doubt your DD would sit still for it and they wouldn't consider a GA for something cosmetic like that.

DS has a chipped tooth and no one notices.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would think as its a baby tooth the only options would be leave it or have it pulled if it's exposing the nerve. I chipped my adult teeth as a kid and had it filled with white filling, however that was years later when they had stopped growing. My friends daughter chipped her baby tooth in half and they pulled it, she still looks cute with the missing tooth.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My DS broke a front tooth at 23 months old, unfortunately the nerve was exposed so the tooth had to be pulled out under GA at the children's hospital.