+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We didn't tell anyone our CS date. DS was born at 8.30am and we told no one til around 3pm (including family) it was nice to have the first few hours uninterrupted and free from phone calls, SMS's etc.

I keep on top of the pain meds and took everything they offered me regardless of whether I felt like I needed it or not. I think in day 2 I felt a sudden burning pain when I stood up but apart from that all was good.

Take all the meds they offer you - that's my advice!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm pretty sure my private hospital has an in room policy and no nursery so bubs will be with me the whole time but it's good to hear that the majority are ok night 2 to look after the baby.

I just find the whole csection procedure/recovery very nerve wracking and I'm hoping it really isn't going to be as bad as I think!

Thanks for the tip about constipation i would really like to avoid that!

I think I will tell everyone from now on that the date is a surprise and they will have to wait and see.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I did a lil sneaky thing and the morning of my csection posted a bump shot to facey saying "39 weeks and 1 day! So over being preggers" or something like that hehehe

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (19-11-2014),gnomesy  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My private hospital also had an in room policy but the midwives would take the babies and look after them at the nurses station for a few hours so the mums could get some sleep if necessary

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    I did a lil sneaky thing and the morning of my csection posted a bump shot to facey saying "39 weeks and 1 day! So over being preggers" or something like that hehehe
    Haha very sneaky I like your style 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default CSection - Did you keep the date a secret

I told everyone my date , I did say before I went in that DH would call everyone when I was ready for visitors as I assumed I wouldn't want to see anyone ( except mum she was there when I went in and stayed in recovery with me while DH was with DS) but an hour afterwards I was the one ringing everyone to come in and by 6pm I had a room full of people!

My c section was a breeze and as pp said I kept up with my medication and had hardly any pain - 2nd night I was up walking around no problems and no pain- DH stayed all but the first night , I was expecting the worst but honestly it was no where near as painful or as traumatic as I was imagining!

My naturopath told me not to eat dairy or animal proteins the day before and to eat a lot of fruit and veggies and I was on a pro biotic to help with constipation and I was fine, didn't need any laxatives at all
    Last edited by Elijahs Mum; 19-11-2014 at 20:43.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another question did you have a spinal or epidural with your csection?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had a combined spinal/epi, I was terrified of the epidural not working and then needing a ga (of which I have had bad reactions with in the past so I wanted everything I could to avoid another). Having the epi line in meant I was able to have PCA pain relief after

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do you need to tell them you are having a c section? Then no one will ask when it's happening. I didn't tell anyone our date but people knew I would possibly be having a c section. We were a little family for about 6 hours before we told our parents, siblings, then friends and the world, that alone time was very special.

We didn't tell anyone as it was the only surprise about the whole thing. She is an ivf baby, everyone knew we were doing it, they all knew we got pregnant first try so knew after tww.

I had a very speedy recovery as soon as the catheter was removed I was very mobile and painless. I did take all drugs offered but never needed a top up etc.

Congratulations and enjoy

Thanks
    Reviews
    We just said about a week before the due date, but we would like to keep the date a surprise. Didn't want visitors the first day so thought the least people know the better.

MIL kept nagging so we told her a fake date and surprised her when bub was actually born a few days before.