+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We told family but not friends.

I can't remember the pain on 1st or second night. Buzz the nurses for help if you need. My private hospital didn't have a nursery

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We told close family only and asked for no visitors in hosp. Didn't tell everyone else until day 2. I don't remember either day being particularly painful TBH. DS roomed in with me and I was able to manage him on my own after the first 12 hours or so.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Whirligig For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We only told our parents. For me the pain was worse on night two. They lowered my pain relief and the after birth pains kicked in. To be honest, they were hell. Felt like full on labour

6. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @French Pear

I've told my mum and my best friend my date, everyone else I've just said "about a week before Xmas", some indication but the exact date and time still a mystery!

With regards to the pain, night 2 was much better for me than night 1 for my last CS, I had it at 7pm though, so night 1 was always going to be rough! I didn't have any backwards steps in terms of pain improvement and management though, it was consistently better with every hour and the morning after night 2 I had my self administered IV out as I hadn't been using it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GM01 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We only told my cousin who looked after dd for the day and our parents - it was a whirlwind end to my pregnancy as ds was footling breech and my cs was booked only the week before. For everyone else, they knew he was due mid to late Oct but most did not know of his position and would have assumed I was waiting to go naturally. As he was delivered at 38wks, we hadn't started dealing with the "have you had him yet?" from everyone

As for the pain, I had my epi line taken out 30hrs after ds was born. There was some unknown fluid at the entry site in my back and as I hadn't been using the pca much, they decided it safest to take it out. I was on paracetamol only once they removed it and honestly, the pain was nowhere near what I had braced myself for.

Good luck for when the day arrives - I too was unbelievably anxious by the end about a number of factors, I'm not sure how I didn't have a complete breakdown. I know you will have other emotions to deal with as well but the second they lifted him out and I saw/heard him, all the anxiety literally washed away.

Eta. I didn't have dh stay with me at all, wasn't allowed at the hospital. The nurses did his nappy changes for me the 1st night & passed him to me for feeds then I was up and about the next morning anyway so was ok to get him myself the next night. He was in the room with me all the time
    Last edited by michellek; 19-11-2014 at 15:07.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to michellek For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    For those that keep the date a secret, what do you say when close friends or family ask what date you are having your c section?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by michellek View Post
    I didn't have dh stay with me at all, wasn't allowed at the hospital. The nurses did his nappy changes for me the 1st night & passed him to me for feeds then I was up and about the next morning anyway so was ok to get him myself the next night. He was in the room with me all the time

This exactly

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ive had three c sections

The first one, i only had pain when i tried to get out of bed, because i had staples and it felt like ripping. But as far as pain management i was 100% fine and up and walking the next day

Im not gonna go into the second one

Third one i also didnt have much pain. They gave me tap blockers in the sides of my abdomen on top of the other pain relief and it was wonderful.

I kept the dates a secret.

My one piece if advice is. With all the pain meds they give it can be really constipate you and pooping afterwards is painful (pushing) so id ask for some metimucil (sp?) or coloxyl or something. I had to tell them my third time that anaesthesia constipates me and they were giving me stuff from the get go.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Didn't tell anyone the date at all except for my mum and dad because they had to look after DD. The first time no one but my mum. When anyone asked id say not sure yet as soon as Bub is ready then my ob will set a date. 😁

The pain was bad straight after then that was it for me. Night 2 was totally fine. Hmm so I'll go with pain being worse the first night.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just tell people the date is a secret.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post: