+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default CSection - Did you keep the date a secret

I've been given my csection date, this is my first csection and I'm very nervous about it but it is what it is...

Anywho, for those who have had a csection previously:

1. Did you keep the date and secret and what did you tell people when they asked?

2. Was your pain worse on Night 2 than Night 1?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We told family and that was it

In regards to the pain, I've had two and with the first I had her at 8.30 in the morning and the pain was worse on day 2 after all the drugs had well and truly worn off. With the second I found night 1 worse, but it was an emergency one so I don't know if maybe that was why?

I think it can vary from person to person, depending on how you react to the drugs, if it's a spinal or epidural, how much they use etc Good luck!! xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

French Pear  (19-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I told some people the date. In the end it didn't matter as bub needed to come out earlier - 5 days prior to the booked date.

Pain was worse on the second night for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went in for an induction (in secret, only parents knew) knowing full well we would Prob end up with a caesar.

Had them at 3:50pm, didn't tell friends until about 6pm that night. I had the BEST night sleep in 9 months the very first night! Second was ok, just make sure you hold yourself and support your tummy when you get up. I found 'suck in undies' great for support.

I'd keep it a secret otherwise you end up with a hoard of well wishes in your room and your sitting on a (TMI) giant pad needing to be changed and nurses like to obviously do that in private ������

I was frightened to have a caesar and equally as nervy about this ones caesar but after the cut heals, it's fine. You will recover and so long as you take it eaaaaasy and ask for help you shouldn't have any problems

p.s I had a spinal and Fentinol

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tw1nmummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine was an emergency but I won't be telling people the date for #2 - I don't need the hassling!

For me, DD was born at 8.25am so my pain was worst as the initial drugs were wearing off that afternoon. After that I just kept on top of it with meds but I think it was the sudden unexpected (intensity wise) pain at the start for day 1 that really hit me.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The reason I asked about pain on night 2 is that my DH will have to stay at home with our DD that night as her grandparents are both away that night so I was hoping the pain might not be as bad as I won't have him to help and being a private patient I can have him stay with me.

But I suppose everyone else that has a csection in public can't have their DH stay and manage, I'm probably just being a sooky la la but I'm so nervous about the whole procedure/recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had DH stay until I was discharged so that did help a lot. My pain after the initial shock of meds wearing off was more intense when I was moving around - but the more our move around the better apparently lol

12. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 2 c-sections, both time we've only told my Mum, first because I was nervous & wanted to tell someone second cause she was looking after DS & needed to plan around it... I'm big on keeping it a secret, it's not about anyone else but you & your partner, I really didn't want people waiting wondering & worse texting us or ringing before we were ready, but that is me!

Pain wise, I can remember either being particularly painful but that is because I kept on top of my pain meds, the key is to top up your pain medication as soon as you get the slightest bit of tingling, it makes it easier to move around if you are pain free & that is the key to w quicker recovery :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are worried about the pain sitting up to care for bub, I would recommend getting the baby to sleep in the nursery overnight, with the nurses bringing bub in for feeds. I did this and it saves you having to get out of bed as well as having a much better sleep because you are not on high alert listening for waking up noises. I wish I had done it for all three CS instead of just the last one!

We told everyone the dates of the CS. Then at the same time we asked for no visitors until day 2 - because of the reason above - you need care during the first day that you don't want visitors to see.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to tb2 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH only stayed 2 nights with my 2nd, but I was getting up to DD myself night 2 anyway... If you have the option for bub to be in the nursery take it though, the night DH went home my DD stayed in the nursery (she had breathing issues the morning before) and it certainly helped me get a more restful sleep, but I was fine to walk down the nursery myself to get her for feeds :-)

18. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post: