+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 4mo normal behaviour?

Does your 4mo 'play' for any length of time? Like on a playmat or in a bouncer/swing?

DS is almost 4mo and when he's up I pretty much need to hold him most of the time. Occasionally he'll lie on the playmat for a few mins but will then start crying for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    My boys were much the same, DS3 only stopped needing ro be held all the time when he had the head control to be in something like a bounce bounce baby...laying down was not an option, it was just met with screams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DD is 5 months now - she will play on her mat for 10-15 min, longer if I sit next to her & show her things. Generally I have to change up her position every 10-15 min though. Hopefully she will roll soon as she gets frustrated not being able to reach things.
    She went through a stage at 4 months when she was not happy to be alone on the floor ever! I'm pretty sure it's a wonder week, but we had about a month of just crappy sleeping, clingy baby, losing the plot when out etc. it seemed to take forever but she seems to have settled now. Have you got the wonder weeks app?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default 4mo normal behaviour?

My 4 mth DD is happy to amuse herself on the floor and in her bouncer. She has a crinkly book and a few toys I put on the tray with her and she spends ages fiddling with them. When she is on the floor she chats away to the ceiling vents they seem to amuse her. She is rolling from her tummy to her back and is working on back to tummy so that is keeping her busy at the moment. I am sitting here watching her now spin the little bubble with a toy in it in her bouncer she has been doing it for about 20mins now I have enjoyed a nice cup of tea! As long as she can see me moving about she is happy. Anything that makes a noise and she is happy by herself.
    Last edited by codycampbell; 19-11-2014 at 11:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep Cue my bub is like this too now. I can usually get away with putting him in the pram or swing for a short time if he can still see me, which helps.

He will lie on his mat by himself but only for a short time

Ive found that he will sit in his rocker/pram happily by himself for a little while if I put him in front of the open door & let him look outside at the trees blowing, shadows etc. Does your bub enjoy that? Might buy you a bit of time

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both mine have been like that.

Dd is now 8 months and since she started sitting (5 months) and crawling (6 months) she is happier to be left on the floor.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok so it sounds like it's pretty normal and he'll hopefully be happier to play when he's sitting up. He's also not really grabbing things or using his hands much yet (except to suck on his fingers).

I can't remember when DD started playing, she was a clingy baby though.