+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on losing the 10kgs to start! Great work!
    I weighed far more than you when I got pregnant, close to 120kg (I feel sick just writing that down) and I had a very healthy pregnancy with minimal weight gain and maintained healthy blood pressure and acceptable GTT results throughout.
    However, I wish I had done something about my weight before pregnancy like you are. My Ob said I could greatly reduce a number of risk factors if I was in a healthy weight range.
    Just wanted to wish you feel for your weight loss journey before pregnancy and to offer encouragement to keep going!
    If you do fall pregnant before losing more weight, make sure you get a referral to a dietician to help you manage your pregnancy weight gain and diet during pregnancy to support you and growing bub as well as possible

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm 120 for both my pregnancies and the 2 different OBS haven't cared less. I had great pregnancies and no GD. I honestly think weight and pregnancy is blown out of proportion. Fertility waits for no one so I would be cracking on if I were you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 118 for both, I had no issues at all. By all means try and lose weight, but don't put off trying to conceive till you're at your goal weight. By the time you get there you're eggs might be unusable. If you're 21 then you have time to try. If you're in you're thirties try to lose weight for a few months then TTC. T

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls! That makes me feel better I want to loose as much weight as I can by early next year and then start trying! Be closer to paying off our cars and study will be finished. I'm 26 but I'm still worried about time because I would ideally like to have 2 more babies and my partner is 31.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best of luck, sounds like you and I will be TTC around the same time