+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh OK np. Because I've got pretty severe pcos and it didn't affect my supply. But my sister had such low supply Both times and dried out at 2.months

Sent from my GT-N7105T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The aba class I went to before DS was born mentioned some papers saying pcos is linked with low supply. I actually had oversupply and my midwife said there is a higher incidence of both low and oversupply with pcos, but it tends to more often be low supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You already know I had low supply. Never ever dreamt that I wouldn't be able to BF. Mum did it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I continually tell myself that formula is fine but I desperately want her to have breast milk .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Even if you can only get your 250mls of ebm a day thats great. I was never able to express much. Maybe 60mls for an entire day. I supplemented with formula from day 2. I still breastfed my ds for 12 months. I don't have pcos but i am hypothyroid which i believe played a huge part in me not being able to exclusively breastfeed. You are nourishing your baby whether she is breastfed or bottle fed or both. Good on you for doing everything you can. Be proud of yourself.

Can you try pumping while holding her? The closeness may help too. Its all about supply and demand. Set your alarm for every 3 hours to pump. Keep pumping for a few minutes after you think your b00bs are empty. Goole about breast compression and massage. I think @Stretched mentioned a particular name in a thread i was following she might still remember the name.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by beccaboobang View Post
    I continually tell myself that formula is fine but I desperately want her to have breast milk .
    You are doing the best you can. Keep it up Becca - particularly with your first whilst you're at home and can rest a little more. I gave what I could for our first up until he was 6 months. I feel guilty all the time still about formula and researched it as much as I could to try and find the 'best' one. I wish they could make one just like bm with all the nutrition, antibodies, etc. I would pay for it!!!

My body still mucks up in mysterious ways, like with losing weight atm. I'll lose some only for the scales to bounce the next day right back to where they were. Hoping this round of bloods will show up what is going on. Tried to get them done yesterday but there was a morning one on there!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Me&Smooches View Post
    Keep pumping for a few minutes after you think your b00bs are empty. Goole about breast compression and massage. I think @Stretched mentioned a particular name in a thread i was following she might still remember the name.
    Dr. Jack Newman. Definitely google as the web page has lunks, diagrams etc. A former member here put me on to it and the information helped so much.

I beat myself up so much about needing to supplement with formula with my 1st. With my 2nd I embraced mixed feeding and credit it with enabling me to breastfeed for 10 months, through a tongue tie and despite my body's inability to naturally meet demand. Remember, only you define what is 'successful breastfeeding' and IMO any breastfeeding is a success to be celebrated.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Me&Smooches  (19-11-2014)