+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    We have a butlers pantry, so I hope to keep everything in there
    Wish we had a butlers pantry! Lifetime of putting away the toaster after use ahead!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a butler pantry but my toaster and kettle still live on the bench

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I have a butler pantry but my toaster and kettle still live on the bench
    Kettle yes but not toaster or blender (smoothies every morning). Not sure why I hate it so much, just looked and the bench is cluttered with crap! We have one corner where sh!t just gets "put" must resolve that when we finally move into the new place.

Another thing to think of op is the position of doors and what you see if they are open. My parents built and made some plan changes, without realising, if they have the door from the living area to hallway open, and the bathroom door open its a perfect view of the loo!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We are finalising plans now, ahead of starting a build in January.

DH and I started chatting about having wall ovens then realised the plan for the kitchen did not enable this. It would have needed to be under bench. We re jigged the plans now. We hadn't looked into the kitchen too much as we thought we would go that with the kitchen people. Glad we thought about it beforehand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GlasgowRose View Post
    We spent over $10k (Que. heart attack!) on power points/lights/ceiling fans. We hadn't budgeted anything! That's not even for fancy lights, just down lights and timber batons where we are putting pendant light (bought separately) I have no doubt we could have done it cheaper, but it's like everything with our house, another $1000 is nothing, say that 50 times and it's 50k.

We could of done it after handover but then you risk tradies coming in and ruining the walls/ceiling etc.

Are you building with a well known project builder?
    Yeah - it's crazy how quickly it all adds up. Yeah we are building through a large project builder. We've heard nothing but good things, so fingers crossed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Oh, here's another tip! We're possibly looking at building again (but might buy established) anyway, there are forums where people kinds of blog their build. It'd be worth reading through a few posts to see where they've had pitfalls and things they've forgotten. Particularly if you can find ones from people who built with your builder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Flyscreens and make sure the windows in the bathroom andt toilet are the foggy/blurry kind.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Heat lamp in the bethroom