+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Struggling 39+5.. positive stories? ?

Im 39+5days pregnant with no2 and lately im really struggling. . Physically and mentally.
    I have had pre labour signs for a couple of weeks now and really getting over feeling excited just to be let down :-(
    Im struggling with looking after dd (21 months ) when dh is at work and feel like a ****e mum when its just us as I dont have energy for her. .. I just count down till her afternoon nap so I can switch off and rest on my own.
    Now im stressing about possible induction if I go over, which I feel I will because im stressing about it!!
    Dr has offered stretch and sweep in a couple of days on my due date but honestly the success rate isnt enticing me along with the pain factor...
    Ive been getting so many bh along with cramping especially last night after dtd, loose bm, backache, fatigue but nothing eventuates!!
    Bubs is 4/5 engaged and im constantly going to the loo but he's just not coming!
    I know I wont be pregnant forever I just needed to vent and hear if anyone else went into spontaneous labor after going through this?
    My pregnancy with dd was at 39+2, and I had no pre labor signs at all. Also posterior so I felt different.
    Any positive stories ppl are willing to share?
    Im sick of feeling on the verge of tears!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mods can you please move this if ive posted in wrong section
    Thank u

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hugs. Hope bubs comes soon

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds a lot like the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy with ds2. Fingers crossed all the bh and pre labour is doing something. I ended up being 4cm dilated on my due date just from pre labour. Ob gave me a stretch and sweep which was more uncomfortable than painful but was quick, that was the kickstart i needed to bring on labour as ds2 was born the next day.

Try to relax, turn the tv on for your dd and rest. Bub will be here soon. Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twolittlemunchkins View Post
    Sounds a lot like the last couple of weeks of my pregnancy with ds2. Fingers crossed all the bh and pre labour is doing something. I ended up being 4cm dilated on my due date just from pre labour. Ob gave me a stretch and sweep which was more uncomfortable than painful but was quick, that was the kickstart i needed to bring on labour as ds2 was born the next day.

Try to relax, turn the tv on for your dd and rest. Bub will be here soon. Good luck!
    Im hoping the bh are doing something. How did u find out you were 4cms? Was it during stretch and sweep?
    Also was s&s very painful? Im still undecided but working myself up over it.... silly I know as both my babed are ivf and with all the intrusion I should be used to it!!
    Ps ive definitely been making use of tv ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by olismumma View Post
    Im hoping the bh are doing something. How did u find out you were 4cms? Was it during stretch and sweep?
    Also was s&s very painful? Im still undecided but working myself up over it.... silly I know as both my babed are ivf and with all the intrusion I should be used to it!!
    Ps ive definitely been making use of tv ;-)
    My ob checked me at my appointment on my due date and said I was 4cm with waters bulging, ready to break. She then offered me a stretch and sweep. I just found it uncomfortable. It hurt for about 2 seconds then was over. I did have a heavy feeling afterwards for the rest of the day but it wasn't too bad. Mild regular contractions started later that night and ds2 was born the next day.
    😊

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twolittlemunchkins For This Useful Post:

olismumma  (18-11-2014)