+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm another one considering a career change from psychology! I did 8 years of study and I am employed in a great job which I love, but it isn't permanent and there is no other work out there. I have a very uncertain future in this career and I hate that. I am considering doing a masters in teaching, but another 2 years of study feels depressing...and expensive...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If I was smart enough I would go and be a doctor but I'm not 😂

I love working with disabled but I can't handle being hands on anymore since working in ages care. You get no say standing up for your rights. Hope that makes sense!! Or clients. I've done one semester at uni in my disability and education also done my EN but no placement because I had a seizure. So some fields I guess I feel are out of my league?

I was going to do small business management just to get myself studying incase we ever opened a business. And to continue on from my cert 3 business studies. I seem to be a serial studier 😳 is that even a word 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Interior design or meteorology

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wish id done the double degree in nursing and midwifery instead of just nursing. I now have a baby, a busy husband and little family support and want to do my postgrad in midwifery. Hindsight is always 20/20 as they say.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I studied Arts/Teaching. I taught for a few years, and am now working in emergency care. A lot of the other staff have social work/disability care/child care backgrounds.

If I had my time again, I'd study biomedical science, because there are SO many paths from there that I'm interested in. Medicine, Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology (although I could study a post grad in this currently) and many more.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Renn For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was accepted into uni to do psychology but I am so glad I never ended up doing it.

I was looking into midwifery but im not keen on doing the nursing side. After looking into it more and thinking about what I am passionate about, I have decided to become a doula. I find it fits what I want to achieve better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Interior design or meteorology
    Where would you do interior design in adel?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monnie24 View Post
    Where would you do interior design in adel?
    At TAFE, there's a graduate certificate, grad diploma and diploma. Tonsley Campus.

I'm actually doing an online course but the qualification isn't an official one, but lays a good groundwork for further study or working in the field.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    I'm another one considering a career change from psychology! I did 8 years of study and I am employed in a great job which I love, but it isn't permanent and there is no other work out there. I have a very uncertain future in this career and I hate that. I am considering doing a masters in teaching, but another 2 years of study feels depressing...and expensive...
    This is what I am worried about. My marks are going fine to be on track for honours, but....I have been doing a lot of reading and supervised positions that fulfil the requirements are few and far between.

I wish I did social work now, but I don't really want to start all over again :/. My other option is to do post grad in biostatistics and work in that area as I have found out I'm rather okay with stats

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheerilee View Post
    This is what I am worried about. My marks are going fine to be on track for honours, but....I have been doing a lot of reading and supervised positions that fulfil the requirements are few and far between.

I wish I did social work now, but I don't really want to start all over again :/. My other option is to do post grad in biostatistics and work in that area as I have found out I'm rather okay with stats
    Do you mean supervised positions for honours, postgrad study, or after?