Attachment 63712Attachment 63713

Don't mind the junk in it the kids have been making a mess
    Did your DH use separate boxes ...??

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleflowers View Post
    We're did you get the tree that your daughter is playing with its really cool ...

We made it! I know you can get similar things from Etsy. It's felt which we stuck to the door using Velcro dots. The decorations are all felt as well so it's really easy to stick them on and pull them off - we used the glue gun to make the decorations cause I couldn't be bothered to sew all the design bits together lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LaDiDah View Post
    We made it! I know you can get similar things from Etsy. It's felt which we stuck to the door using Velcro dots. The decorations are all felt as well so it's really easy to stick them on and pull them off - we used the glue gun to make the decorations cause I couldn't be bothered to sew all the design bits together lol
    It's a great idea. ...

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RuffledPansy For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleflowers View Post
    It's a great idea. ...

She loves it! It's kept her really entertained - she is also enjoying pulling it off the door as well though which has stretched the tree a bit lol would do the actual tree from felt board if I was going to make it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She loves it! It's kept her really entertained - she is also enjoying pulling it off the door as well though which has stretched the tree a bit lol would do the actual tree from felt board if I was going to make it again.
    I've seen these before and was thinking of making one but was concerned the felt would cost a fortune. Do you mind me asking roughly how much it was to make? The craft store is a PITA to get to and with 2 littlies I want to know if I should bother!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The colour squares that we cut up for the decorations, the trunk and the pot were all 90c each (I think we have about 8 colours so just over $7 for that). The main tree we bought a metre of felt from the roll for about $7 maybe? Wasn't much. We also had to buy the glue gun and we bought some fabric scissors (we didn't already have any and we'll be using them for other things. The normal scissors were a PITA to try and cut the felt so I'm very glad we bought the fabric ones!). I'm not sure how much the self-adhesive Velcro dots were - hubby got them from officeworks cause the ones at spotlight were quite expensive.

Like I said in my previous post - if I was going to do it again I would buy felt board (dunno about cost for that) for the main tree (not truck and pot) because felt stretches and DD has had a ball pulling it on and off the door lol it's a bit misshapen on one side now lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LaDiDah For This Useful Post:

shani2  (25-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The colour squares that we cut up for the decorations, the trunk and the pot were all 90c each (I think we have about 8 colours so just over $7 for that). The main tree we bought a metre of felt from the roll for about $7 maybe? Wasn't much. We also had to buy the glue gun and we bought some fabric scissors (we didn't already have any and we'll be using them for other things. The normal scissors were a PITA to try and cut the felt so I'm very glad we bought the fabric ones!). I'm not sure how much the self-adhesive Velcro dots were - hubby got them from officeworks cause the ones at spotlight were quite expensive.

Like I said in my previous post - if I was going to do it again I would buy felt board (dunno about cost for that) for the main tree (not truck and pot) because felt stretches and DD has had a ball pulling it on and off the door lol it's a bit misshapen on one side now lol
    Awesome!! Thanks so much for that, will pop to spotlight lager in the week to check it out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hurrah I can finally join this thread!

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416916441.854191.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lots of beautiful trees! This is the first time our tree has been out up more than 2 weeks out. So excited for DS' first Christmas!! ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416917684.510620.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Loving this thread!