+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Any LCHF mum's out there?

My DH loves the high fat side of it, but not so keen on the low carb! So for him and the kids I often cook them roast potatoes, or pasta and just don't have it myself. They also eat bread. We have been sugar free for years, and so I haven't bought a lot of processed foods for ages, so not a huge change for us.
    Would your DH have coconut milk/cream? Or you might like to look at some Paleo recipes as they are often LCHF, but also dairy free.
    Edit: our dinners usually consist of meat and veg, lamb chops/ steak, sometimes with a creamy mushroom sauce, also do a chicken schnitzel or chicken wings with an almond meal and spices crumb (DH thinks it tastes like KFC), we have a roast once a week (chicken, pork, lamb or beef) so DS1 has something to put on his sandwiches for school lunch.
    I make a cauliflower pizza, and then just make a normal pizza base for DH and the kids (although I try to get them to try the cauliflower one too).
    I have bolognaise sauce with zucchini noodles, really a lot of things you already eat can be made LCHF 😀.
    Last edited by LittleBug'sMum; 13-06-2015 at 14:55.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (13-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (14-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks so much LittleBug'sMum, those are great suggestions! Yes he can do coconut milk and cream so I'll try using those in curries and sauces and see how he goes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    I am totally trying this next time I make pizza. I can't get my head around how cheese, cream cheese and almond meal will make a crispy pizza base, but we will see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Thanks so much LittleBug'sMum, those are great suggestions! Yes he can do coconut milk and cream so I'll try using those in curries and sauces and see how he goes.
    Also cauliflower mash is so easy to make and really good (especially with loads of butter), and cauliflower fried rice is a bit of a winner in my house too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would share this too, a friend of mine suggested it, and I didn't really think I could do it, but stir fry vegetables for breakfast. I just chop all the veges up when I'm making dinner, so they're ready to go in the morning. DH just cooked it up for me this morning (he forgot to add some kale, but I'll forgive him). Then you add some fat on top too. Today I have half an avocado, but a couple of eggs, or bacon would be awesome too.
    I find that if I start the day with something good like this it keeps me on track for the rest of the day.ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1434230543.391254.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've been doing LCHF on and off since Christmas, have been off for a couple of months, struggled to get back on after 2 weeks in Perth when son had surgery, have been doing it since monday and :af: came today!
    Last night hubby and I watched that sugar film, it really helped him to understand why i don't eat a lot of sugary foods and why i don't want them in the house, he even admitted that it could be the reason behind his mood swings, tiredness, irritability etc.
    I love that i can have camembert for lunch and not feel guilty! DS loves that he gets scrambled eggs and bacon most morning's for breakfast.
    DS and DH still have bread and carby vege, but i make myself cauli rice

I really researched it before i started, and have found some wonderful websites that have heaps of recipes.

For me it isn't a diet it's a Way of eating, the fb support groups are amazing and so supportive