scrambled eggs with butter
    salad with smoked salmon
    sugarfree chocolate
    spicy chicen wings

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well I'm still at this LCHF.

I find that even though I'm not hungry, I spend all day thinking about what I can eat. Wondering if I've eaten enough/not enough fat, too many carbs etc. I have lost 1 kg in 2 weeks, even though I'm not actually trying to lose weight. I don't think the weight has come off my stomach/love handles though, which is exactly where I want it to come from.

I made a beautiful soup using stock from a roast chicken carcass that I boiled up. It's cauliflower, broccoli, zucchini and bacon. I stirred grated cheese and double cream through at the end. Yummy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been but have just conceived #4 and have been craving carbs something fierce. I don't know how I will go lchf pregnant, I am just waiting to see how I feel, at least it is a good option for losing baby weight. I love adding butter to nearly everything!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thrifty Mama - I found it hard to stay LCHF when pregnant, especially first trimester, all I wanted to eat was carbs! I still haven't really been able to seriously get back into it while I've been breastfeeding, but I'm getting there slowly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleBug'sMum View Post
    Thrifty Mama - I found it hard to stay LCHF when pregnant, especially first trimester, all I wanted to eat was carbs! I still haven't really been able to seriously get back into it while I've been breastfeeding, but I'm getting there slowly.
    I am not going to stress to much about it. I am the same weight I was before bub #1. I seem to get ginormous then lose it later.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Thrifty Mama For This Useful Post:

LittleBug'sMum  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Yay LCHFers on Bub Hub! I started on the 2nd of February and I've lost 5.1kg since then. I'm very happy with that!

I'm at the point now where I really only have two meals a day. A really big breakfast and then dinner. To begin with I was sticking to the "traditional" three meals a day but now I'm simply not hungry. I sometimes have an afternoon snack of some cheese or salami if I'm peckish.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (24-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Hi, I've been thinking of doing this lchf type of eating for a while now. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm also insulin resistant so I'm hoping that I can make some serious improvements to my health. I hope you don't mind me joining the thread, I've read so much about it but I still have some questions/ doubts.

I guess the main thing is that it's so hard to get out of the mindset that fat is bad. I've read all the lists of things that you can and can't eat but is there a website or book that can provide like a specific meal plan, even for a few weeks, I feel so overwhelmed trying to meal plan and not being totally sure of what you're allowed and how much etc.

Also what do you for for your kids and families; I think if I cooked carbs for the rest of them I wouldn't have the self control to not eat it myself.

I'd love any advice or experience anyone has to offer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    @Mama Mirabelle, there's a group on Facebook called The Low Carb High Fat Group that I'm in. It's really helpful and you'll see tonnes of meal ideas. DS is 16 months and just eats what I eat though I give him snacks of fruit and sometimes crackers. I just make sure that I have an LCHF alternative available to stop me snacking on it.

I add lots of butter to everything and I don't track calories, though some people do.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (06-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Hi, I've been thinking of doing this lchf type of eating for a while now. I have a lot of weight to lose and I'm also insulin resistant so I'm hoping that I can make some serious improvements to my health. I hope you don't mind me joining the thread, I've read so much about it but I still have some questions/ doubts.

I guess the main thing is that it's so hard to get out of the mindset that fat is bad. I've read all the lists of things that you can and can't eat but is there a website or book that can provide like a specific meal plan, even for a few weeks, I feel so overwhelmed trying to meal plan and not being totally sure of what you're allowed and how much etc.

Also what do you for for your kids and families; I think if I cooked carbs for the rest of them I wouldn't have the self control to not eat it myself.

I'd love any advice or experience anyone has to offer.
    Mama mirabelle, the Real Meal Revolution do an online course that you can follow with meal plans etc, I've
    been thinking about it, but it is a bit expensive. Their website is worth a look though, has lists of foods that you can eat freely, and what you should avoid.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (07-06-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks so much for the advice ladies, the real meal revolution website is great!

I was wondering how your partners go with lchf? My DH is healthy and no weight problems so he's not too keen to do lchf, also he's lactose sensitive so only has skim dairy products so if I start cooking with cream and full fat dairy it'll be difficult for him.

If you have family members who don't do lchf what kind of meals do you cook that you can slightly alter to be suitable for everyone? I was thinking grilled meats and veggies with cream sauces on the side, any other suggestions?