+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks heaps @Snooze. I havent read much about ketosis yet (I am still in the researching phase). I do like your way of thinking though re: cutting as much known carbs as possible, while still being able to eat a lot of easily sourced (ie: the supermarket) fresh, unpackaged products.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I go out, I just try to get meat and veg. So once I had steak, salad and sweet potato. The sweet potato obviously contains carbs but it's a better choice than chips or mashed white potato. Another time I had a chicken breast stuffed with spinach, Brie and sundried tomatoes with steamed veggies. I try to just focus on the fact that I'm eating nutrient dense veggies and not be too worried about the carbs when I'm out.

For breakfast, some of my staples are overnight oats (this one is great with some homemade muesli on top http://www.buzzfeed.com/christinebyr...day-2?s=mobile ), green smoothie (make sure you add avocado and chia seeds for fat to keep you full) or scrambled eggs with sautéed veggies like spinach, mushroom, tomato and capsicum. Have a look on pinterest though, there are literally thousands of recipes and if you just searched "LCHF Breakfast" you would get tonnes of results. I'm not sure if you're familiar with pinterest but then you can "pin" them, like on a notice board, to keep for later.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh pinterest is a great idea. Thanks.

Another question, my hubby is not into the idea of LCHF...yet...so if you are in a similar situation, what do you do with hubby/partner meals? Cook in butter etc, or oils etc? I cook Mon-Thurs, hubby cooks Fri-Sun. Looks like I might have to make my own meals on weekends until I get hubby on board....BOO HOO.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I cook every night so my hubby is forced to eat my style of dinners. I make sure they're delicious and his style of food so he doesn't complain (not that he complains out loud - he's not that silly, but he just moves it around his plate and takes small mouthfuls). Nothing motivates me less to cook than when the people I'm cooking for don't enjoy it. He still has incredibly unhealthy breakfasts like coco pops and lunches like peanut butter on white bread, but I try to cook dinners with leftovers for us to take for lunch the next day. If your hubby makes things low fat, depending on what it is, pour some melted butter on top of your serving, add a few big chunks of avocado or add some cheese.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JR03 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (24-02-2015),GirlsRock  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We just had salmon & prawns cooked in garlic, butter & cream. So delicious! DH & DD loved it

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snooze For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (10-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    tonight I made a side dish of cauliflower (I cooked it and then whizzed it up in the food processor), grated zucchini and bacon. I lightly fried it all in butter with a dash of cream. It was delicious! Would this meet the LCHF test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I eat low carb too. Last nights dinner was mexican shredded beef with cheese, sour cream and avacado.

Tonight we are having an italian pasta bake without the pasta. It's basically mince and zucchini with a bolognaise sauce, with lots of cheese on top.

In answer to previous posts, I don't buy organic and I have used my fitness al to count carbs. It's really good for getting to know how many carbs are found in the food you are eating.

For me, I need to get into ketosis to lose weight and I aim to eat about 20g of carbs a day to eg into ketosis.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TeBe For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (12-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    oh pinterest is a great idea. Thanks.

Another question, my hubby is not into the idea of LCHF...yet...so if you are in a similar situation, what do you do with hubby/partner meals? Cook in butter etc, or oils etc? I cook Mon-Thurs, hubby cooks Fri-Sun. Looks like I might have to make my own meals on weekends until I get hubby on board....BOO HOO.
    My husband is happy to eat low carb with me but because he is a man he can fit in more carbs than me, so he can be a little less strict than I am. He is happy to eat lots of high protein meals. We only eat dinner together anyway, he has breakfast before I get up and lunch at work.

Why dies your husband not like low carb?

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi @TeBe, its not that my DH doesn't like low carb, its just that he is 6ft 5in and really fit and healthy already. He is happy with how he feels and how he is eating and doesn't really see any reason to change. I will keep working on him though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have made pork chops cooked in a dijon mustard and cream sauce for dinner tonight. They smell delicious.