+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Lightweight, affordable pram

Hi all. Sorry for starting yet another pram thread!

My husband and I are in the early stages of TTC and in order to distract myself I've been researching all the baby products I will need (love shopping).

Prams are seriously doing my head in. There are just so many I have no idea where to even begin.

i do have a few requirements that I think I'll want. (Please tell me if I'm being silly!).

1. Has to be lightweight. I have a really bad back so the lighter the better.
    2. I want it to last from newborn to as old as needed.
    3. I'd like it to have some kind of bassinet or to lay completely flat for a new baby.
    4. I'm not sure on reversible seats/handles. Is this important? I absolutely want to be facing bubs when a newborn.
    5. Great and easy storage.
    6. All or this for around $500!!?? I would like new. I'm I being ridiculous?

Also would there be any prams that fall within the above that I could jog with as well?

thanks for your help!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've got the baby jogger city mini and love it. I paid under $500 for the pram itself but then an extra $170 for bassinet. It doesn't need the bassinet for a new baby though, I just wanted her facing me. It folds so easily and is much more compact than the steelcraft acclaim we had (that was a nightmare to fold). It weighs about 9 kgs.
    I know a few people with a valco snap which folds very easily too, is just as flat but weighs only about 6kgs. Had I have done a proper comparison, I'd probably gave gotten the snap 4 over my citiy mini 4 wheel. Not just because it is lighter and less expensive but you can also buy a 'sports pack' which is a pump up tyre so you can change between two tyre types for outside/bumpy walking or smooth supermarket shopping.
    We're hoping to have #2 close together and I've looked into doubles already. I think I'll be going for the Valco Snap Duo if we do need a double pram.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

MrsPinkie111  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks GBA85!

I've been eyeing off the City Mini. Is there any reason you got the 4 wheel over the three? I'm not fussed either way but I was worried about stability with the 3. I'd like to be able to chuck my bag over the handles if I needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a snap 4. So happy with it!
    Very very light and easy to manoeuvre. Fits through anywhere and has decent storage, a great recline and is under $300.
    I was set on getting the sport pack as I was using an all terrain pram at the time but I honestly haven't needed them.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SHAELEEJANE For This Useful Post:

MrsPinkie111  (20-11-2014),Phony  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsPinkie111 View Post
    Thanks GBA85!

I've been eyeing off the City Mini. Is there any reason you got the 4 wheel over the three? I'm not fussed either way but I was worried about stability with the 3. I'd like to be able to chuck my bag over the handles if I needed.
    Just because I'm personally not keen on the look of 3 wheelers. One thing to keep in mind with the city mini is the cost of the extras too. It doesn't come with a bally bar or storm cover and these things are about $50 or $60 each. I don't have either. I've got a universal rain cover that I'm yet to try on it but I'll probably have to buy a belly bar or snack tray in the next couple of months.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GBA85 For This Useful Post:

MrsPinkie111  (20-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bumbleride indie! Love it - super lightweight, easy to fold, can get capsule attachments and a bassinet, jogger with 3 wheels but very stable, and colours look great. Big basket that's easy to get to (what put me off the city mini gt)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KT8 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Mountain Buggy Urban Jungle. It's a 3 wheeler so great for walking/jogging. It's very sturdy and yet really light to maneuver around. You can steer it with one hand no problem. I think it looks awesome too . It cost around $550.

You can get the bassinet for it but I didn't bother as you can lay a newborn in it flat anyway so DS has been in it since birth. Maximum weight it holds is apparently 25kgs so will last a long time. I did buy a bracket for it do it was compatible with my car capsule and this has been great for trips to the shops etc without having to waken DS.

The sunshade and rain cover are extra and cost around $50. It also has a huge hood for sun protection.

I love it but the only down side is that when it is folded up it it quite long so probably wouldn't fit in a small boot.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Pumpkin1106 For This Useful Post: