+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Playing with teat...

Hi Ladies,
    My beautiful 13 1/2 week old baby girl is mix fed (EBM and formula), so always feed with a bottle. Lately she has been starting well on the bottle and then I burp her and when I go to start feeding again after burping her she just starts playing with the teat with her tongue. She pushes the teat around in her mouth but doesn't actually suck on it. It's not that she's full and doesn't want any more because i bed to burp her after each 40-50ml. I have tried a couple of different bottles. We currently use the medela bottles and teats, but have tried a wife neck closer to nature, and the classic shape avent.
    Any ideas on why she's playing with the teat or how I can fix it? A feed is taking nearly up to an hour to complete because of it. Tia.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    My 7 week daughter does this too. I stop feeding and try again 30 mins later. Usually it works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 4.5 month old does this occasionally too. Like becca, I offer again after about half an hour and she usually finishes it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Same here, my DS would have some then play with it so I'd offer again in 30-40min and he'd finish it off.