+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I've just fine my first dream feed with DD (8wks) fingers crossed it works, never did with DS, she's been waking at 12, 3:30 & 6:30 so hoping to shift it a little... See what happens! Night!
    Good luck! Looking forward to hearing how it went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Success! So I fed her at 10 & she slept till 3am :-) then woke at 5 & 6:30... So first half of the night was better second half was a challenge! I'll persist though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I don't know how the heck I missed this!
    Sorry ladies!

OP: how old is bub now, what routine are you on and how are things going?

At 6-8 weeks I would be mainly focusing on the core concepts of SOS: getting the bedding and room temp right, try resettle if it's within a sleep window, introduce a comforter with your smell, try to avoid negative sleep aids (dummy, pat/rock/feed to sleep), put bub down in an unusual place (pram, rocker) for 4:30 sleep, etc. If bub is spot on the routines 60% of the time that's awesome.

Once again sorry for missing this and happy to help with any current probs...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    I don't know how the heck I missed this!
    Sorry ladies!

OP: how old is bub now, what routine are you on and how are things going?

At 6-8 weeks I would be mainly focusing on the core concepts of SOS: getting the bedding and room temp right, try resettle if it's within a sleep window, introduce a comforter with your smell, try to avoid negative sleep aids (dummy, pat/rock/feed to sleep), put bub down in an unusual place (pram, rocker) for 4:30 sleep, etc. If bub is spot on the routines 60% of the time that's awesome.

Once again sorry for missing this and happy to help with any current probs...
    Hi Vicpark! Things are currently going well, bub is 10 weeks and we are on the 6-8 week old routine now.
    He self settles fine, sometimes only has a catnap, but have figured if I put him in the ergo he will mostly sleep up to the next feed in there.
    I would say we are sticking to the routine at least 60% of the time.
    Main problem is the awake time before the first sleep, I still have trouble keeping him up for long enough, although we're getting closer.
    He is quite a settled baby now, which might just be him, but I think the routine helps, and it certainly helps me, have been able to leave DH with all 3 kids a couple of times to do some Xmas shopping.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to LittleBug'sMum For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (01-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Night 2 with dream feed... I'm not as confident tonight as she seems very unsettled but will see what happens!

Thanks
    Reviews
    2:30 wake up after dream feed so not too bad :-)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    VP any tips on starting the SOS routine when bub wakes at different times every morning?

Any tips on also doing that with a noisy jealous toddler in the house. I'm desperate to get into a routine, but the irregular wake ups and DD are making it too hard.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

heartstringz  (02-12-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    AmyEL - glad to hear dream feed is working for you!
    I don't do dream feed as DS regularly wakes for a feed at midnight and then 3am ish. Sometimes he misses the 3am one. When I did the dream feed he still woke for the other 2 feeds anyway, so it didn't help me. Plus I go to bed super early so sometimes had to stay up to do it!
    A-Squared- I'm sur VP will have some advice for you, but when I started DS on the routine, I did it when the other kids were at childcare for 3 days, followed by DH at home for 2 days, so if you can get some help just for a week or so when starting it might make things easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    VP any tips on starting the SOS routine when bub wakes at different times every morning?

Any tips on also doing that with a noisy jealous toddler in the house. I'm desperate to get into a routine, but the irregular wake ups and DD are making it too hard.
    What times is bub waking? Treat anything before 7am as a night waking. No light, no talking, quick feed (possibly in swaddle still), only
    Nappy change if necessary. Put bub back to bed, use a shush/pat technique if needed. If bub falls asleep just before 7am, let bub sleep for 20 minutes. Otherwise wake at 7. Then try hard to keep bub up to the next scheduled sleep time. ... Or go as close as you can without bub losing the plot. This phase only lasted a couple of weeks for me then bubs body clock was in sync with the routine.

As for the toddler issue...Can you block off the section of the house where bubs bedroom is? How old is your toddler? What time does your toddler wake? It is much easier when toddler sleeps in too... Perhaps there are things with the toddlers routine that can be tweaked to facilitate a sleep in?

When bub is a bit older (16 weeks) things will likely start to get easier. Until then try not to stress out, chip away at a routine and soon enough it will all come together
    Last edited by VicPark; 02-12-2014 at 19:36.