+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Unhappy SOS - Advice needed! :(

Hi there,

It's been a long time since I have been online, and I am now in a bit of a predicament, and if nothing else I would like to get it off my chest / chat about it. I have one child, who is now almost 2, and he is absolutely perfect. His father and I have been rocky since a few months after his birth however... and therein lies the problem with the predicament I am in.

I am now a week late for my period (which never ever happens to me, bar the time I was pregnant) but all the tests I've taken have come up negative. I would LOVE to have another little one, however my partner has made it clear that if I AM pregnant, he wont be sticking around unless I have an abortion (which personally for me is NOT an option)

Obviously this was heartbreaking and shocking to hear, and has caused an even bigger rift in our already shaky relationship, but now I don't know what to do, and secondly, with the negative tests, I don't know why else my period is late. I guess now I am kinda hoping I am not pregnant, and looking for any answers as to what it COULD be. I know I wont know till I go to the docs, which I am later in the week, I guess I just need some kind of input now as it's driving me nuts.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    No advice, just big hugs xx

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mamasupial For This Useful Post:

Angelique89  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Could it be stress? Sometimes that makes mine late. Good Luck xx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mumoftwoboys2005 For This Useful Post:

Angelique89  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Are you two in marriage counselling?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    No we aren't. I have consistently begged for us to go into counselling, but he thinks it is a ridiculous idea and just wont budge.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week

Default SOS - Advice needed! :(

I know it's easy to get ahead of yourself with worry. My DH (at the time) threatened to leave me unless I had an abortion. The second in which he expected me to make that choice was the second our relationship ended, although we didn't split until later.

All I can say is, take one step at a time. First find out if you actually are pregnant. Then take a deep breath and decide what comes next. Whether pregnant or not, this man has revealed something about himself that you can either choose to accept and work on your relationship or choose to end your relationship.

IMO, making ultimatums like that is not acting with love.

Good luck, and I wish you clarity and wisdom moving forward, no matter what happens.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (17-11-2014),LaDiDah  (17-11-2014),Mamasupial  (16-11-2014),VicPark  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My period was 5 days late last month but I kept getting negative tests. It showed up eventually. I think it just happens sometimes. You're probably not pregnant, but even if you're not, do you really want to be with a man who uses threats and ultimatums against you? If you were pregnant, he would be just as responsible for that as you, yet he would abandon you rather than care for his child.
    And you say he won't go to marriage counselling? His actions suggest to me that he doesn't value your marriage at all.