+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Questions about basics of ovulating and timing etc

Sorry, last time I fell pregnant, I had a vague idea of when I ovulated but wasn't paying really close attention. This time I'd like to pay more attention!

When people use the acronym CD, Does that mean cycle day? And is the first day of the period day 1?

Also, do most people ovulate around day 13? (I know there's a window and everyone is different.

Lastly, when should would a test most likely show a positive? A few days before the period is due? (I' don't want to do my head in with testing all the time so want to leave it until it shows yes or no, if that makes sense).

Thanks in advance if anyone replies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep cd is cycle day.

Ovulation day depends on cycle completely, though they usually say 14 days approx before your period is due.

I have 31day cycles and find I ovulate day 17-18 most months.

I personally dont test till I'm late

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lilyloubelle
    How are you? i remember you gave me some advice when I went through my recent MC. I'm back to trying again but also worries of being pregnant and worrying that I'll be worried. Sounds crazy doesn't it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by acerbaby View Post
    Hi Lilyloubelle
    How are you? i remember you gave me some advice when I went through my recent MC. I'm back to trying again but also worries of being pregnant and worrying that I'll be worried. Sounds crazy doesn't it!
    No doesn't sound crazy at all. I'm utd at the moment after my mc, after second proper AF from mc.... I'm still worried....hoping it'll get easier after the 12 week mark.

Just sending lots of baby dust

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Questions about basics of ovulating and timing etc

It's average for ovulation day to be 12-15 days before af
    It's usually the last day of ewcm
    Temping, opk's and cervix position are very accurate
    Last edited by Kazza78; 16-11-2014 at 20:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Not everyone ovulates around cd14, I wasn't ovulating until cd18 which didn't allow me a long enough luteal phase.

You can get ovulation predictor kits (opk) which will help pin point ovulation. Also keep an eye out from ewcm (egg white cervical mucus). Once you start getting that you will ovulate soon, so best to start dtd as soon as it starts. Once it changes to creamy cm you will have finished ovulating.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ovulation and fertility question

Hello everyone,

I' ve been monitoring my ovulation with the opk test and it always mark double pick line 10 days before my period . I usually start trying when a see the double line . I have been trying for 5 months now an nothing and I have 30 years. I read the other day in a book that the least fertil day is when you are ovulating .... When should I start trying ? Then I read another article that advise that when LH surge appears usually means ovulation is coming in 2 to 4 days ? Should I star trying when LH surge appears or should I wait ?

Xoxo
    lula2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Lula2 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I' ve been monitoring my ovulation with the opk test and it always mark double pick line 10 days before my period . I usually start trying when a see the double line . I have been trying for 5 months now an nothing and I have 30 years. I read the other day in a book that the least fertil day is when you are ovulating .... When should I start trying ? Then I read another article that advise that when LH surge appears usually means ovulation is coming in 2 to 4 days ? Should I star trying when LH surge appears or should I wait ?

Xoxo
    lula2
    It's best to have those swimmers in there waiting for the egg to pop out. So best to dtd every second day for a week leading up to o. Sperm can live up to 5 days.

Good luck

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app