+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I don't allocate a set amount, but we are contemplating getting them a vuly or springless tramp this year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD is 4.5 and is getting a bike from us as she has outgrown her current one. Santa sack so far has puzzles x 4, about 4 books, water bottles, hand towels for kinder, playdoh, and Disney DVDs. Not sure how much I have spent

DS is 2 and is harder to buy for...he is getting a ukele and some play food for their kitchen from us. So far Santa sack has a water bottle, underwear, some books, a ball and a bucket. Might add some bath toys I think.

For both: a slip n slide and some sprinkler-type water toys.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Christmas Presents; what & how much?? :)

I love these threads too!

I have saved up for Christmas and have gone a little nuts!

It's my first year with two kids, and even though dd ( love writing that!) will only be 6 months and doesn't need anything, I want ds to see that they get the same number of presents. I am going by number of presents to open rather than a dollar value.

I also totally forgot that ds could pick a present for dd! Ooh I'm excited about this! And dd one for ds!

I think kinetic sand will be a big hit! In 20 yrs time when our kids (read kids all over Australia) are buying their kids christmas presents they'll be like, 'remember that kinetic sand stuff' much like we remember slinkies or troll dolls or gak!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We don't have a set amount some years it's $100 some over $1500 (outdoor play set)

So far we have-

DD-
    Giant bike and helmet -$260
    New Harry Potter book cover collection- $110

DS-
    Little tikes pirate water table -$99
    Disney cars and planes stuff -$100

I've also spent $20-$30 each on stocking stuff.

I have been trying to get both kids a puppy surprise with no luck too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Shopping for my 2 is always so hard. But i am often limited in what I can afford.. so $100 is usually heaps for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think we got a little carried away with the excitement of Dd's first Christmas and bought more than we intended. We've got her a music play table, Winnie the Pooh books, two board books, clothes, and a teething toy. It probably all adds up to close to $300. Next year I plan to set the budget first and then shop!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    We don't have a set amount some years it's $100 some over $1500 (outdoor play set)

So far we have-

DD-
    Giant bike and helmet -$260
    New Harry Potter book cover collection- $110

DS-
    Little tikes pirate water table -$99
    Disney cars and planes stuff -$100

I've also spent $20-$30 each on stocking stuff.

I have been trying to get both kids a puppy surprise with no luck too.
    I had to ring around to a few stores every few days (everyday if you really keen) target and toys r us have them on sale. Toy world also stock them but i didn't have any luck there. Moroochydore target had 2 left and toys r us moroochydore had 1 left this was last Thursday when I looked. Not sure this is close. I hope so. I would bet target might still have them there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So far, DD (2) has had pretty cheap presents... a couple of useful things, or project I've done around the house for her. Not sure about this Christmas. So far:

-Schleich animals to add to her collection (spent about $50, half retail price)
    -Single bedding set ($20-$25). She'll get this for Christmas if we get her a bed by then

Not sure whether I'll get her anything else. May end up about $100

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Total amount spent on the 3 boys is $650 but that includes:

Big trampoline for them to share
    Disney infinity 2.0 for DS1
    A big boy bike for DS2
    A scooter for DS3
    Various outdoor toys, books, clothes
    And yearly passes to dreamworld.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ds is getting a new updated beach body board, some David Attenborough dvd series, some pillow cases for his bed in the caravan, a new helmet and some new tops, and some kind of toy- maybe a remote control car or something.

Ultimately, all he wants is to go on holidays and we are doing that and most of the other stuff are just things that require updating.

I'm getting all my nieces and nephews body boards. We're taking a family holiday to the beach over new years so they can use them there.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast