+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 64 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep. It's a low cost clinic, so that's one of the ways they keep costs down. Local and nitrous oxide (gas and air). Not sure if they give you something like a Valium beforehand. Having lunch with a friend tomorrow who went through the same place so hoping to find out a bit more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like it's going well!

Don't try to plan for too much after EPU. I was wrecked after mine (heavy and painful uterus). But I also had high risk of OHSS. However, others I know have had pain as well and tended to take it easy for the rest of the day as well.

Not saying it'll happen to you, but just something to keep in mind. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yeah it's going well enough. I'm very much over the injections though. I have a blood test and scan tomorrow so will know at that point (hopefully) when egg pickup will be. After chatting with my friend today she said she was given Valium and panadeine forte prior to egg pick up and then local and nitrous for the actual procedure. Apparently I can't drive for 24hrs after the Valium so if pickup is on Monday then I'll have to call in to work. She also pointed out that if I make a mistake at work and they find out I've had Valium then it won't look good for me. So looks like a sick call for my night shift if we go ahead on Monday! If it gets pushed to Wednesday (because Tuesday is a public holiday) then it will work loads better for me. My sister will be up on Thursday so will be here for the day of transfer so that will be the only thing we'll have to work out (supposed to be taking my nephew to the train museum on the Friday). Hard to believe it's almost time for it all to happen. I've got a few busy days coming up so at least time should fly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    So had scan and blood test this morning. Seems my follicles aren't really growing. They're still all around 9-10mm. There seems to be some discrepancy between measurements as what they got today was different to what they got on Tuesday. ie follicles on tues were largest 10-11mm. Today only 9-10mm. Endometrium was also measured thicker on Tuesday and the nurse today was saying she's got no idea how they got the previous measurement. Bloods will be the tell tale thing. My oestrogen is low. Was only 54 at baseline and 180 on Tuesday. She said egg pickup would only go ahead as planned if my oestrogen had at least doubled. Will await a phone call to probably increase the Puregon dose. Looks like a couple of extra days of jabs for me...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    So had scan and blood test this morning. Seems my follicles aren't really growing. They're still all around 9-10mm. There seems to be some discrepancy between measurements as what they got today was different to what they got on Tuesday. ie follicles on tues were largest 10-11mm. Today only 9-10mm. Endometrium was also measured thicker on Tuesday and the nurse today was saying she's got no idea how they got the previous measurement. Bloods will be the tell tale thing. My oestrogen is low. Was only 54 at baseline and 180 on Tuesday. She said egg pickup would only go ahead as planned if my oestrogen had at least doubled. Will await a phone call to probably increase the Puregon dose. Looks like a couple of extra days of jabs for me...
    Please keep us posted @M'LadyEm .

As for me, I have been having daily blood tests now that my hormones are on the rise toward ovulation. Once that has happened, 5 days later they will do a transfer providing my embryo/s thaws properly!
    I have to drive to Newcastle for my blood test to the clinic tomorrow as no bloody Douglas Hanley Moir collection centres are open on a Sunday!!! (There is one but it s just as far as Newcastle anyways!)
    I don't even know for sure if I need the test tomorrow but by the time I finished work today the clinic was closed and I had forgotten to call for my result! Could be a long drive for nothing! But that would mean transfer day is one day closer 😄😄😄. Got hubby to pick up my pessaries from pharmacy so I guess that will be starting soon as well Aaaa the things we do!

I will do anything to make my dream of becoming a mumma come true 😄

What's the latest with everyone else? I don't often write stuff on here but I do keep an eye on everyone 😘

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Fi good to hear things are progressing. Ahhhh pessaries. The bane of my existence lol. So sick of being waxy 😲 I only have a week left of them thankfully then I'm DONE!!

12+5 here and feeling very sorry for myself. Will be a pj day today. Can't wait til that supposed 2nd Tri glow which I'm loath to believe actually exists.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Fi good to hear things are progressing. Ahhhh pessaries. The bane of my existence lol. So sick of being waxy 😲 I only have a week left of them thankfully then I'm DONE!!

12+5 here and feeling very sorry for myself. Will be a pj day today. Can't wait til that supposed 2nd Tri glow which I'm loath to believe actually exists.
    No more bloods for me now, and transfer will be on this Saturday (providing my emby/s survive the thawing) 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yay!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (25-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    As for me, another blood test and scan Wednesday with 90% chance of egg pickup Friday and transfer Monday. Looks like we'll be in the TWW together Fi. Today's scan showed 12(!!!!!!) growing follicles ranging from 11-16mm, most being around 14-15mm mark. They are very impressed after last weeks scans not being very promising.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (25-01-2016),Shrillian  (27-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    As for me, another blood test and scan Wednesday with 90% chance of egg pickup Friday and transfer Monday. Looks like we'll be in the TWW together Fi. Today's scan showed 12(!!!!!!) growing follicles ranging from 11-16mm, most being around 14-15mm mark. They are very impressed after last weeks scans not being very promising.
    Haha awesome @M'LadyEm , didn't think I would be sharing my tww with anyone