+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 64 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 2014 at last! Time for some bfps! #4

Ok everyone
    So I started taking the pill yesterday and I will be taking that for four weeks with my last pill being 29/5.

I start a nasal spray (which is to stop the extra follicles dying off) twice a day ie.6am and 6pm from 26th May and keep taking that for a while. I will get my period a couple days after stopping the pill.

I start my fsh injections Thurs June 4th and will have an u/s Fri June 12th to check on follicles to see if they are ready(the right size). At this stage I am still going with the nasal spray and injections. If follicles aren't ready, they will scan again a few days later.
    Once follicles are ready, I am to have a trigger injection to simulate the LH surge(this is when I stop the nasal spray and fsh injections).

Then 36hrs later is when they do the egg retrieval in the hospital and DH has to provide the semen sample the same day at the hospital.

Five days later, IF we have successful fertilisation and development, they will put one back in and they try to support it with progesterone supplements(I think she mentioned a gel I would insert vaginally).

I am feeling very emotional already as my last scan during the week showed not many follicles, which means low egg reserves(probably due to age) which could mean treatment could be unsuccessful and my body might not respond enough(which could cause them to cancel my cycle).

Even with all of the risks, I want to go ahead and try this and am praying for a miracle.

It's really hard to feel positive and I want to keep my emotions in check to also not get DH worried.

I am having a crap load of blood tests and DH has already given a semen sample for analysis and he had bloods taken too.

What a journey! Thinking of you all 😘
    Last edited by FiBub76; 03-05-2015 at 14:46.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to FiBub76 For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (03-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Excited to hear you're getting started now. It must be exciting/nerve wracking to finally be starting it all. Fingers crossed for you!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (11-05-2015),FiBub76  (06-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    Excited to hear you're getting started now. It must be exciting/nerve wracking to finally be starting it all. Fingers crossed for you!
    Thanks, yes, just hoping it works! Don't know how many times we can afford to do this! Maybe twice...but I know they recommend three to four cycles for best chance

Feeling very anxious that it won't work. I know I need to relax but I can't help it.

Haven't even started the hormone injections yet and feeling emotional already lol 😢

Having more bloods done tomorrow, fasting from about 9pm tonight so gotta go have dinner

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sorry crafty, I'm not on much these days. I try to steer clear generally tbh. A single cycle of IVF costs me $8.5k which is higher than the normal because we do icsi IVF which is more involved due to sperm issues.

I can see you're all getting a wonderful tutorial here from Fi, if anyone can be bothered sifting through my (very long) TTC journal I go into a LOT of depth about everything I've been through so far in my fresh & frozen cycle.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (11-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Sorry crafty, I'm not on much these days. I try to steer clear generally tbh. A single cycle of IVF costs me $8.5k which is higher than the normal because we do icsi IVF which is more involved due to sperm issues.

I can see you're all getting a wonderful tutorial here from Fi, if anyone can be bothered sifting through my (very long) TTC journal I go into a LOT of depth about everything I've been through so far in my fresh & frozen cycle.
    We might be doing icsi as well @MrsTugs, we are going through GENEA, how about you? We aren't paying the full $8 thousand plus, we just pay the gap after Medicare pay the clinic which is five thousand and something, then we get a thousand and something back from Medicare ourselves. We could pay the full amount and get our Medicare rebate quicker but I am willing to wait! Anyways, not sure on the icsi thing yet, waiting to hear on some results to see how all this testing has been going!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yeah the testing takes a while but it pays to be thorough!
    You'll know if you need icsi as soon as your fellas SA is back. Even if you don't they often suggest doing half IVF half icsi to aim for better fertility rates.

I'm with pivet, but plan to change clinics before next cycle.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsTugs For This Useful Post:

FiBub76  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    3rd IUI today. Fingers crossed it's 3rd time lucky. I've had loads of cramping today from the catheter hitting the top of my uterus. Hoping DH will come near me this evening as we've been told to DTD to give us a few more swimmers in the mix. Being sick with a cold doesn't really scream romance haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can understand mrs t.
    what a very long journey for you

Mlady em good luck I hope everything goes swimmingly (see what I did there) lol

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Craftymamabris For This Useful Post:

M'LadyEm  (16-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsTugs View Post
    Yeah the testing takes a while but it pays to be thorough!
    You'll know if you need icsi as soon as your fellas SA is back. Even if you don't they often suggest doing half IVF half icsi to aim for better fertility rates.

I'm with pivet, but plan to change clinics before next cycle.
    I would be willing to do icsi regardless as it is not much more expensive that a "normal" cycle. Yeah I am looking forward to hearing the results of the S.A.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Any updates? ☺️