+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Struggling with breastfeeding tops

Im really struggling to make breastfeeding tops work for me.

Ds either ends up with material across his nose or face, which he hates (and therefore refuses to feed) or it is too difficult to get the shield on through the tiny hole.

Ive been wearing two tops (one that can go up & one that can come down), but given its 35+ degrees here at the moment doing that is just not feasible. Im sweltering, making ds get overheated (then he wont feed) etc.

The singlets dont work either as I need to wear a bra under them & this makes it even more awkward (as they arent designed to be worn with a bra).

I cant use a feeding cover now as that is way too hot & ds pulls it.

I will never have the confidence to just pull a shirt up/down & pop my breast out in front of my dad, my fil, bil, sisters boyfriends, male friends etc so I need some way of doing this discretely.

Any tips?

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I always wore button up shirts. I'd just undo the top couple of buttons and go from there. Can you try that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    How did you not flash the rest of your bra? I always wear a singlet under the button up shirts so that I can just bring one side down & still cover my bra on the other side, but its too hot for that now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you have a face washer or something small to just cover the top part of your boob/bra?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ill give it a try today squishie, not sure though as ds likes to grab & pull everything these days

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 26/6/14
    Have you tried the tank tops from kmart? They have the material that just kind of flaps over the top of your b00bs. Or try a really light weight scarf. Thats all i used as a cover even in the heat of summer you could then just cover where you need

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Me&Smooches For This Useful Post:

amyd  (16-11-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I never wear singlets. I just unbutton the top couple and open the side I was to feed from. Never flashed as far as I am aware.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I ended up buying really stretchy cheap singlets in a bigger size and wore them under a floaty thin shirt. Then I could lift the shirt and pull down the singlet. This was in the dead of summer and we did fine - both were very thin so no discomfort. I also used a kiss kiss hug hug breastfeeding apron, no material really touched bub at all (it is moulded to keep off your body) and I could feed when friends came over or when we went out without flashing anything. A lot of the time friends didn't even know I was breastfeeding until halfway through, it was that discreet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore loose, long tops and put bub sort of under them. Even when she was older and more easily distracted, I could drape them over my boob to get enough coverage to be discrete.

I hated breastfeeding tops and stopped wearing them when my DD was only a few days old. I thought they were usually not that attractive and almost always more trouble than feeding in normal clothes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I bought a bunch of feeding tops and they were rubbish, I had the same problem OP.

Button up tops are great as you only expose one side at a time and bubs face covers it up.

I'm at the point though that I don't care as someone would literally have to be staring at my chest to see anything. I figure a bunch of people saw my v-jj, so I left all modesty at the hospital door.

You could also try a cover, there's ones that have a big hoop which sits between your shoulders and chest, it allows you to see bub through the loop and then the cover covers him completely and no one can see a thing. It also stops bub from getting distracted on the boob.