+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Article published a few days ago (long) detailing how fraternity culture = rape culture at some US colleges. To me this reinforces how gross the song is.

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...ampus-20141119
    Eep, I'm not usually one to cry for a trigger warning, but that article definitely needs one. Can you add one in?
    Those poor girls. That song is repulsive in light of reading what's going on over there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Eep, I'm not usually one to cry for a trigger warning, but that article definitely needs one. Can you add one in?
    Those poor girls. That song is repulsive in light of reading what's going on over there.
    Ok yeah I put one in. Didn't think about it but the article *is* quite graphic.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

CMF  (24-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    Ok yeah I put one in. Didn't think about it but the article *is* quite graphic.
    That's for sharing Betty. This article is disturbing and absolutely reinforces that this is not just a song. It has a larger impact and this culture is so very alarming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I really don't think these sort of petitions actually get anything done (not that I watch or even care what Channel 7 does). It's gotten to the point where I'm pretty sure we'll all forget about this travesty of a song and then get all fired up next time someone releases another controversial song.

Maybe I'm just jaded and blah?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to snowqu33n For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (24-11-2014)