+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Parents of CMPI babies

Hi at 8 weeks old my DS now 10 months was diagnosed with CMPI. Im hoping to find out more about it as the advice given by a number of paeds isnt helping at all. They want us to keep trying to introduce it slowly in the way of cooked foods like cakes etc... Its not working every time we do it he ends up in agony i cant do it to him anymore his been through enough already. It causes his severe reflux to act up everytime too which of course makes it even worse. I need to know that we will get through this and that it will get better and that eventually i wont have to fight to be heard by every doctor nurse or paed we see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My DD (now 3yo) was diagnosed with CMPI at 3 months old. She had horrid reflux, failure to thrive, scary poop, all the fun stuff! We steered clear of all dairy until about 1yo and then introduced it slowly. Luckily she tolerated it but I didn't give straight cows milk until somewhere between 18mo-2yrs (can't remember now!). Now at 3yo she loves her dairy food.

Most kids do grow out of it eventually. If your DS is reacting, just hold off for another 3 months and then try again. It's not worth putting them through it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and just to add, my 16wk DS has just been diagnosed with CMPI too. He's breastfed at the moment so I'm cutting out dairy from my diet. He doesn't have reflux thank goodness and doesn't seem to be as severe as DD was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dd has cmpi with milk but can tolerate cooked foods don't ask me why!

If she has formula or Normal milk/butter on toast severely sick. If she has a biscuit etc then she's ok. So we decided follow her. And how she reacts (this is after 16month age). So now she has lactose free milk And Normal food. It's all about slowly introducing. I have tried 100% normal dairy but no go. (Before she got sick she had lactose free milk) so now I can't get her off it!!!! So frustrating

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is 18 mo and 9.2 kg she's small. She can't eat seafood either, or Sauces we have full allergy test just wait bit longer Hun x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Thanks ladies thats very helpful @Cue My DS was the same as yours but his thriving now. We havent tried dairy for a few weeks now we will probably hold off until 1 year old now. He was failing to thrive from around 8 weeks old he was born 4.2kg but got stuck at 6.5 for a couple of months then stuck at 8.5 for a couple of months and has been 9.5kg for around 2 1/2 months now. He just has trouble gaining then will have a spurt and get stuck again he doesnt look unwell or underweight though he looks well rounded haha