+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We had no cake. No bridesmaids. No professional makeup, hair was cut and straightened the day before. No bombarrie or whatever it is. Invites were reduced from aldi when they did a wedding special. No mc just a mix of music. Did it at lunch and whoever wanted to kick on after joined us down the local club (which was everyone as heaps were smashed from drinking in the sun haha). Kept it stress free and low cost.

We concentrated on food and booze and everyone having a good time instead of it being about us. Subsequently people have told me it as the most fun wedding they'd ever been to (no kids either here lol).

One little regret- we had no professional photography so we have no " perfect" photo of us as a couple of that day. Lots of photos from guests but just not that definitive show off one. But I can live with that.

We actually came out ahead money wise and everyone jokes we should hold a wedding every year lol.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 17-11-2014 at 19:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats such an exciting time ahead for you I loved planning our wedding.
    Always remember you can't please everyone so just worry about yourself and dh and what the 2 of you want your day to be.
    The one thing I wish I had looked more into is the photographer while we have some beautiful shots of our day he was very unorganized didn't really listen to what we wanted from our photos was late so didn't get any of the boys getting ready if doing again I would find a female photography as I find they are better with the finer details.
    Make sure you have a good Mc who is good at giving directions and knows your time line of events make sure you meet up with them before the day to run through how you would like the event to flow and what is happening when so they can keep the crowd informed and the reception flowing

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We seem to be disagreeing already about how much $$ is acceptable, where, how many people... I can tell this will be a busy year

How do you compromise? DF just said he wants to spend under 10000 and fill a bath with beers and have an ice cream cake

4. The Following User Says Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (18-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wedding regrets?

Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    We seem to be disagreeing already about how much $$ is acceptable, where, how many people... I can tell this will be a busy year

How do you compromise? DF just said he wants to spend under 10000 and fill a bath with beers and have an ice cream cake
    We both stated what was most important to us and let each other 'win' in the areas we cared about e.g. He cared about the car, alcohol, & music, and inviting a lot of people. I wanted to avoid stress by paying for everything for my bridesmaids. Although letting each other win resulted in a very expensive wedding but you get my drift. Main thing is: there will always be someone who wants something more so let that person get their way.

An ice cream cake wouldn't work! Not for that many people, it might not stay cold... Eek

Beers would look awesome in a big wooden bucket... Could be a good compromise
    Last edited by Eilonwy; 17-11-2014 at 21:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations OP .

I have to say the things I loved about our wedding far out weigh any regrets I might have, it really was a magical day, but that was in part because we did everything we wanted, and didn't have any parents/outsiders dictate our day to us.

Regrets: Some of the people we invited. I shouldn't have invited all of my work colleagues at the time (I did it out of obligation mainly) and boyfriends/partners of friends that I hadn't met until the day.

Videographer: We didn't have one, and I regret it now because the kids are so fascinated when they ask me about the wedding and I would love to be able to show them some decent footage of the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Uniquey View Post
    Regrets: Some of the people we invited. I shouldn't have invited all of my work colleagues at the time (I did it out of obligation mainly) and boyfriends/partners of friends that I hadn't met until the day.
    Ditto. We invited so many people that we haven't seen or spoken to since the wedding (seven years ago). I definitely would have culled our guest list a lot further in hindsight.

Thanks
    Reviews

I think that sounds pretty reasonable actually! I could throw a pretty amazing party on half that! ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    we spent 10k€ on a 3 day wedding for ~85 guests in France but I guess everything is twice as cheap there (especially champagne and wine 😝)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DP asked me to marry him last night! Im so excited. But naturally I have started to wonder about the wedding...

What would you change if you had your time again?

What tips do you have for young players?

And last but not least what was your favourite moment (just for the 'awwwhs')

Congrats!!!

I had a few things I regretted a little bit when I got married the first time: having my parents pay for most of it so I felt I couldn't be too 'extravagant', not taking the time to watch the little moments at the reception, not getting a proper wedding album and not inviting kids.

So when I got married to my now DH I made sure we didn't have any of those regrets. But, this time, although it was the most perfect day ever, I think I actually regretted a teeny tiny bit how much we spent on it. I had everything I'd ever dreamed of, and by the next week I thought "wow. That was an insane amount of money for just one day!". I was especially jaded when I had to fork out $500 more to have my dress cleaned months later. It was nothing in the scheme if what we'd paid but it was over and I didn't want to pay any more money!!

The tip I would give is: don't get too caught up in the little dramas when planning. Take a step back and look at what you're really freaking out over - will it even matter the week after the wedding? Thank goodness I managed to keep calm both times, but emotions run high when wedding planning and I watch so many people who end up fighting with their partner, family etc over something so trivial, and sometimes those fights last much longer than the wedding.

I don't know if I can pick a favourite moment, but all the times, when we were doing the right thing and making an effort to chat to each person, I caught my new Husband just gazing in my direction instead of concentrating on what the other person was saying were pretty special Even when we were on opposite sides of the room it was still like we were the only two people in it. That's so us as a couple and it's one of my favourite things about him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have chosen and booked a venue! It was good to get it in quick, plus we managed to compromise so there was less costs but I still got a venue I loved.

Ceremony and reception will cost us about 8000 for 60ish people. Hopefully we dont have to spend too much more besides rings, photography and dress

We arnt having a bridal party or cars so that will save a lot of cash, but I just know it will add up quick!!

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to heplusme For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (19-11-2014),hapuhope  (19-11-2014),HillDweller  (19-11-2014),Mod-Nomsie  (19-11-2014),TheGooch  (19-11-2014)