+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We are considering a cocktail wedding as both of our families are split up. I figure it will take alot of stress off with seating plans and fighting. Plus it might encourage people to mingle more.

Any thoughts?

I love reading all your awwwh moments!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    We are considering a cocktail wedding as both of our families are split up. I figure it will take alot of stress off with seating plans and fighting. Plus it might encourage people to mingle more.

Any thoughts?

I love reading all your awwwh moments!
    We had a cocktail reception for this very reason and it was beautiful and people did mingle a little more. We did have tables and lots of chairs though for people who wanted to sit. Wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    A cocktail wedding is a great idea but make sure you have plenty of food on offer if you're freely serving alcohol. And make sure that the venue is big enough to allow mingling and plenty of room for waiters to get around the room.

Another idea is to have plenty of canapés as well as a choice of main dishes (maybe three) that people can eat easily while standing - plated and only needing a fork to eat. (I used to be an event planner).

I wouldn't change a thing about our wedding. There were small details that didn't go quite to plan but who cares?! It's just one day in a lifetime of creating memories. I married the man of my dreams that day and that's all that really matters.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    1. What I would change: wouldn't have had a third bridesmaid. Had an old school friend who was (and always has been) high maintenance. I asked her mainly out of obligation/to prevent hurt feelings etc when I should have just not bothered.
    2. Tip: don't be an @rsehole and demand a kids free wedding. Especially if people are travelling. The photos of kids dancing at my reception are priceless.
    3. Fave moment: seeing all the happy at the reception ... Beaming about the spectacular views (glad we paid a little more for the reception place).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

smallpotatoes  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wish I hasn't had such an expensive wedding. It was amazing, I have no regrets. But I think I would had been as happy with a smaller price tag

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved my tiny wedding, I'm so happy with it and it was very us! I'm glad we didn't try to please anyone but ourselves and in the end everyone was supportive with our decisions anyway

TheGooch is online now Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    1. What I would change: wouldn't have had a third bridesmaid. Had an old school friend who was (and always has been) high maintenance. I asked her mainly out of obligation/to prevent hurt feelings etc when I should have just not bothered.
    2. Tip: don't be an @rsehole and demand a kids free wedding. Especially if people are travelling. The photos of kids dancing at my reception are priceless.
    3. Fave moment: seeing all the happy at the reception ... Beaming about the spectacular views (glad we paid a little more for the reception place).
    You're not an @rsehole if you choose a kid free wedding. You just have to accept some people may choose not to attend if their kids aren't invited.
    Guests don't get to dictate the terms of the guest list.
    Not everyone feels the same about your little darlings as you do and that's perfectly ok.
    (General you all around)

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (19-11-2014),hapuhope  (17-11-2014),jb23  (17-11-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (17-11-2014),Mod-Uniquey  (17-11-2014),MrsMSL  (17-11-2014),MsViking  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations! Probably doing the photos and just us as the bridal party was off at the reception mingling and we sat and talked and read the suprise enscriptions on our rings. Seeing him when I walked in was very emotional and all eyes on me was super overwhelming but the look on his face was so worth it.
    Oh and playing the shoe game! Our guests loved learning more about us so many commented on it

If I could change anything I would of spent more on the cake so it was edible. I also have very little family photos and the ones I do have the sun is in our face and we are squinting! Photographer tried to move us but hubby wanted certain background. I would definitely write a list of people combinations for photos and get the mc or a loud groomsmen to hustle people into the photos I felt regret not having those photos
    I would dial it down it was beautiful but we had a lot of unnecessary fluff
    I would of paid for an extra room so I was by myself rather than bunking with maid. I barely slept and I was exhausted and didn't eat very well so was ill and missed the dinner to go lie down before rejoining party! Which was half arsed attempt from me and then everyone thought I was pregnant. ugh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only one which I still regret almost two years later.

I wish I hired a videographer to film the day. I suggested this to DH after getting this advice from a friend and he said no.

Looking back now even he said he regrets it. We have one iPhone video taken of our first dance and cutting the cake but I would have at the very least loved the ceremony professionally recorded.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wedding regrets?

Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Good point on #2. I planned on having kids there but DH thought that the adults would 'let loose' and have more fun without them. This was bad for 2 reasons - 1. one of his friends made a comment that I wouldn't want kids there - which insulted me bc it wasn't my idea! , and we had some ppl have to ask if they could bring their young babies and such (which he allowed). 2. - he wanted a flower girl AND boy, and it looked so bad letting those kids come but not others. DH is sometimes totally devoid of logic...

If we did it again I'd insist on allowing kids.