+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't regret anything. To me the day felt perfect. Dh and I got engaged in the December but kept it from everyone until we had decided what we wanted to do. We announced in the September and were married in the October. We only had our immediate family present at the ceremony and they only found out about it 2 weeks prior. We had originally planned on eloping but my grandmother's health had started to decline rapidly and I knew I was going to be the only grandchild she would see get married. After the ceremony we had a 'reception' at the in laws with our family and friends. They all thought they were there for our engagement party.

If we were to have our time again I would have bought my dress sooner. I ended up having to race around trying to find something the week before as the one I had needed too many alterations (apparently it was made to fit ). I would have paid to have my make up done. I would have decorated the 'reception'.

Tips - Try on a variety of style of dresses. The style I thought I wanted I actually hated once I got it on.
    Don't skimp on a photographer. The photos are all you will have left after the day is over.
    Have lots of good food and plenty to drink.
    Don't let anyone tell you what you HAVE to do. It's your day

My awww moment would be driving back to the in laws from the ceremony. We owned a HG Prem at the time and it had a bench seat in the front. I sat tucked up right beside dh with his arm around my shoulder. We had our 1yr old ds in the back, all the windows down (the only a/c the beast had!), sun shining....Seriously, perfect!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We eloped. I really really regret it. Since our wedding, both my sister and my best friend got married and I can not believe I did not have them at our wedding. Their weddings are better memories than mine.
    We did have a photographer and very nice portraits of us 2 but no family member... Sad.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillaa For This Useful Post:

LoCo  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We eloped. Wish I had my mum there atleast or even my grandfather who was my everything, he died last year.

I'd give anything for one single photo with him on my special day.

I am SO tempted to do it all again with a renewing of the vowels ceremony and reception😔 with all my family there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Wedding regrets?

Congratulations OP!

I don't have any major regrets about our wedding day...though I do wonder if maybe we should have paid for a videographer as my memories of the ceremony are hazy! We also forgot to bring the guest book to the reception.

In terms of tips:
    - invite those who love you and are a part of your lives, not those who you feel you 'have' to invite (particularly if they are likely to stress you out).
    - have a back up plan for rain if you live somewhere with unpredictable weather!
    - pay for a good photographer - the photos are an everlasting memory of the day.
    - remember to eat/drink (water!) on the day. It's easy to forget and its a long day
    - think about any groups you want photos with and do a list so you don't miss anyone.

The awww moment from our day would be walking in and looking at my now DH waiting at the end of the aisle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fave aaaah moment of any wedding, and one I always capture in film for the couple if I can, is the moment the groom sees the bride. Nearly always, everyone is looking down the isle, waiting for the bride to appear. They all miss that magic moment. The one where when she appears, the grooms face lights up, he smiles, he gets a tear in his eye and then beams the biggest smile on earth. A small moment, but when captured on camera it's priceless.

Advice: the day goes so fast. Blink and it will be over. So at each stage of the wedding, just stop, breathe deeply, take a look around and enjoy the moment for it passes so quickly.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CandE For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (17-11-2014)

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by BentzMumma View Post

My awww moment would be driving back to the in laws from the ceremony. We owned a HG Prem at the time and it had a bench seat in the front. I sat tucked up right beside dh with his arm around my shoulder. We had our 1yr old ds in the back, all the windows down (the only a/c the beast had!), sun shining....Seriously, perfect!
    This made me go "ahhh"! I don't even really know what an HG Prem is but the picture in my head of this is pretty amazing!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

BlackDiamond  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wrote a big part and deleted it.
    Congratz on your engagement.
    My only advice is to make it your day. You and dh need to make sure it's what you want.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post
    This made me go "ahhh"! I don't even really know what an HG Prem is but the picture in my head of this is pretty amazing!
    Almost identical to my df's white car, although its a hk kingswood. I met my df because of his hg prem, which he sold a few months later

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Nomsie For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by firsttimemum34 View Post

Nothing fancy but we loved it (and miss it )
    Attached Images

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BlackDiamond For This Useful Post:

Mod-Nomsie  (17-11-2014),TheGooch  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The regrets I have are pretty trivial, but they would have made the day "perfect." We had a morning wedding (11am) with lunch reception which I liked. The venue had a cocktail or formal sit down reception to choose from, but with barely any difference in price, we chose the latter option. We only had about 40 guests, so having everyone spread out onto 6 tables made the beautiful atmosphere from the intimate ceremony dissolve a little. Given the low number & time of day, we definitely should of had a cocktail reception where people could sit/stand/talk/walk at their leisure. Much more relaxed for small weddings. Other than that, everything was perfect & we're still happily married