+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week

Default Wedding regrets?

Congratulations!!

My regrets:

-wish I had of had the photographer get some shots of us getting ready, and of the reception.
    -also wish I had of gotten a nice photo of me with my parents and me with my grandmother
    -my choice of bridesmaid..well one of them. We aren't even friends anymore. Sad when looking back at the wedding photos. Make sure the girls you pick are ones you will be friends with for life (or a close relative)
    -I also wish I had of put my foot down in regard to inviting a certain relative who caused a scene at our reception and put a real downer on my evening

Advice:
    -Try and take a few minutes to yourself before and after the ceremony and at some point during the reception just to give yourself a break from the rush of it all
    -don't let just anyone get up and make a speech..can make it go on for too long and you might have people you don't want speaking getting up
    -wear comfy shoes! Or at least have a comfy pair you can slip on later
    -don't let relatives push you into doing certain things. Do it your way and do what you and your fiancé want! It's your special day!!!
    -make sure you eat!! I missed out on food at my reception and I was sooooo hungry! Plus just drinking champagne on an empty stomach wasn't the best idea. Get your bridesmaids to bring you food, or your hubby

My favourite moment was the quiet moments we stole together while having photos taken after the ceremony. Photographer captured one and it's beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Wedding regrets?

I wish I had got the padding/cups in my dress. I wanted to look like I had a small bust but those dresses look a lot better with more 'lift'. It made it look like the dress started about an inch away from where my bust stopped.

I wish I had spent more on decorations and spent the $$$ on the silly coloured chair sashes and stuff like that. The reception looked like stuff was missing. It was just because I didn't want to spend more money - we already spent a HUGE amount on everything else... but I find I have no regrets on spending a lot for the wedding and only regret what I didn't spend.

I wish I had paid for 2 photographers/12 hrs as opposed to 7. My photographer was incredibly talented but it would have made the day more fun and given more pics to choose from. I wish I had planned ahead and designated someone to tell the photographer exactly who to pose in the family shots. No one felt they could tell him for some stupid reason and none of my family were really happy or got the shots they wanted.

I wish I had bought some very thick concealer - I had a black bruise on my arm that showed up 2 days before the wedding.

I wish I had not forgot to pluck my eyebrows until the night before the wedding and then did it while I felt really tired and then I over plucked and they looked thin and messy and not great... and then I spent a LOT of time on photoshop fixing up photos for our album tee hee.

You need a thread about what people were really glad they did for their wedding too

Oh and my favourite moment - kissing and cuddling for the photos. DH is not that physically affectionate usually but he was kissing me - in public! - for the photos and I was getting butterflies and the photographer caught that moment forever
    Last edited by Eilonwy; 15-11-2014 at 22:08.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by summastarlet View Post
    -also wish I had of gotten a nice photo of me with my parents and me with my grandmother
    Ahh yes this as well. I wish I got one with my Grandpa. I meant to, we just got caught up in everything and forgot.

If I could change something, I would have made sure my sisters boyfriend didn't dump her three days before the wedding so she didn't look so sad during the wedding photos (she was maid of honour). But some things I can't control!

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    We had a small wedding but i wish i had invited less people.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations!!

No real regrets. I organized our wedding in France from Australia. I found it easy enough even with the time difference and not being able to visit or try anything

I'm very happy to have spent heaps of money on our dream photographer. We cherish those photos, they are so beautiful.

My advice is to enjoy the planning stage as it lasts a lot longer than the wedding.
    And on D Day your only job is to enjoy, relax and savor the day.
    Put someone else in charge of all the pesky details and ironing details on the day (there are always some) and if possible not a family member.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Eloped. We started planning what we wanted but then the parents had their say, their way and it ruined it.

Can't see how being the centre of attention for the day did anyone any good.

But that's just me.

Have enough time to mingle with your guests. Our time that we'd planned for this was taken away from us.

Something that worked well was that we ordered a nice hire car to take us to where we were staying that night. Didn't have to worry about alcohol even though I didn't have anything to drink that night. Also didn't have to worry about the cousins 'fixing' our car.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Ted For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (16-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I loved my wedding, really loved it - and I still get told it was the best wedding that people have ever been to. It was 9 years ago in about 6 months, But - if I could change one thing. Even if it was a great day - it was one day. I wish we hadn't spent so much on it, it would still have been lovely with friends and family watching me and DH get married. I wish we had put the money towards tangible things, house etc.

Quote Originally Posted by brooketobub View Post
    My DP asked me to marry him last night! Im so excited. But naturally I have started to wonder about the wedding...

What would you change if you had your time again?

What tips do you have for young players?

And last but not least what was your favourite moment (just for the 'awwwhs')

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    No real regrets apart from the fact that although I still love my two bridesmaids, they aren't really in my life anymore and there are a couple of people (literally two or three) that I wish I hadn't invited but on the whole, I loved my wedding day. We spent a lot on the photographs and I'm so glad we did, because eleven years later, I love them even more than I did before.

My advice would be to prioritise what is important to you and your DH and focus on those things - for us it was food, wine, flowers and photos and that's where we spent the money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I regret not having a fancier dress - but I was 6 months pregnant!

We had our vows and reception at our best friend's house on their tennis court. I don't regret not leaving for photos and having them in their front yard, and having group photos with all the connected people, these photos would not have existed with all family and friends group if we decided otherwise.

I don't regret having kids, all 23 of them. I don't regret getting a clown, a face painter and a nanny for the babies.

I regret not having better food, and researching options - it would have been cheaper to hire my surf club and bring in catering.

I dont' regret having fancy champagne, even though I only got one small glass.

I don't regret the celebrant, although in hindsight I would have preferred a catholic church wedding.

I don't regret being married when pregnant, if we left it until B was born I might still be deciding.

Best of luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congrats!!!!

Subbing as I've only been engaged 5 weeks so interested in this too