+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Will an Emmaljunga pram fit in a Mazda 3 sedan?

Hi everyone,

Myself and my husband (both 25) are thinking of starting the process of trying to have a baby within the next year or so. At this stage, we are just saving money so I can have as much time off as possible when the time comes. This is also allowing me to do lots of research into the products I want to use, and since we aren't trying yet, gives us the luxury of being able to save for some more extravagant products, should we choose to.

What I'm thinking of specifically is an Emmaljunga pram. I absolutely love the look of them. I still have a lot of research to do, there's so many different types.

So a couple of questions:

Does anyone know if there are stockists in QLD - Brisbane or Sunshine Coast? I've found 'Pram Warehouse' from the Emmaljunga website, but they don't seem to have the Mondial Duo Combi in the White Leatherette, which is what I'm after. Any other suggestions?

As above, I'm interested in the Mondial, however I'd love to look at some of the other options because it's all above confusing. I really just want the classic, elegant look of those, so other suggestions are welcome.

Does anyone know if Emmaljunga have a base for convertible car seat that is legal in Australia yet?

Anyone with one of these prams - I've seen a lot of people mention they are awkward to fit in a boot. I have a Mazda 3 sedan and the boot is quite large, anyone got a 3 that fits an Emmaljunga? Do pram stores let you try and fit floor stock into your car as a test?

This is all I can think of for now...sorry for the huge amount of questions! Just don't really want to go to any baby stores yet, feel like that would be a bit weird!

Thanks so much, look forward to chatting with you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

They are a big pram, you may struggle to fit it and your groceries in - would depend on where your anchor point is.
    I don't think they have a seat that meets au standards but you can get capsule adaptors. Maybe put a post on the FB page emmaljunga chat/buy/sell australia.

Also keep you eye open for a secondhand one, you can get them for half the price of a new one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not sure if this helps, but I had an Emmaljunga jogging pram and it just fit in the boot of my VW Golf...and I mean 'just'! I had to put it in on an angle to manouvre it it in, but then it would fit flat on the boot floor and take up the whole space. So any shopping bags or other necessities had to stack on top. They are quite large and heavy, but have amazing steering and the wheel base isn't actually that wide, so easy to fit down shop aisles.

I bought mine off eBay, so not much help on stockists. But it could be worth calling pram warehouse and seeing if they'll order one in for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

If you have fb join emmy fb group one the girls will help. I was my lucky and had a 4x4. So never folded it!!!

Editing to add yes you can try floor stock in your boot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much anyone, didn't even realise there were groups on fb! Will look into those when the time gets closer. I normally put my groceries in the inside of the car anyway - although won't have as much room if there's a baby! I'm hoping we'll have a new car by then, although that probably involves DH getting rid of his Hilux, because I don't see the point in 2 large 4wds (I want a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Toyota Prado)! Don't like my chances haha!

Thanks again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bella89 View Post
    Thanks so much anyone, didn't even realise there were groups on fb! Will look into those when the time gets closer. I normally put my groceries in the inside of the car anyway - although won't have as much room if there's a baby! I'm hoping we'll have a new car by then, although that probably involves DH getting rid of his Hilux, because I don't see the point in 2 large 4wds (I want a Jeep Grand Cherokee or Toyota Prado)! Don't like my chances haha!

Thanks again!
    Get the jeep! My friends use half the fuel I do in a landcruiser.