Position Vacant - Best Friend (New Thread) | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Default Position Vacant - Best Friend (New Thread)

As the previous thread was quite old - and had lots of old members that have either moved on from bubhub or found a best friend

it was suggested we have a sparkly new thread.

Include a bit about yourself, and start chatting ....

Name:
    Partner Name (if applicable):
    TTC or Pregnant:
    Children and ages:
    Hobbies:
    Interests:
    Things I like doing with my family:
    Things I like doing by myself:
    Describe yourself as a best friend:
    What I am looking for in a best friend:
    Things you would like to do with a best friend:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week

Last edited by Mamasupial; 13-05-2016 at 08:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Name: Purpleflowers
    Lives (State and Town/Area):NSW.....(message me for more detail)
    Partner Name (if applicable): 44
    TTC or Pregnant: No we are done...

Hobbies and Interests: I love spending time with my kids (family time),reading,movies,shopping,taking pics of my kids,having fun,chat,oh and going on line....
    Things I like doing with my family: Spending time together on a weekend,movies,outings/walks....
    Things I like doing by myself: Ha what's that...gees atm it's the pc don't get to do anything else...
    Describe yourself as a best friend: I love to listen and be listened to...loyal....caring...honest....
    What I am looking for in a best friend: Someone I can talk to and spend time with. Someone I can share my secrets with also. Someone who listens and is honest, non-judgmental but trustworthy...
    Things you would like to do with a best friend:
    Some one to spend time with ,catch a movie or a cuppa ,chat on the phone or on line. If we become great friends and our family and children get to know each other and get on well then that is a added bonus.
    A little about me....
    We moved states have no friends or family close by at all.
    I have found myself the past 4 years spending all of my time on the kids and have made no time for me.
    I want to change this I want to make more time for just me and doing things that I like and would like to do some of that with a best friend...
    I would be interested in doing things in the day or night...
    I can also do things of a night when DH is home and able to take care of the kids...

I can be shy at first but after a short time will open up.....

So if you think that I am the person that you would like as a friend PM me and we can go from there....
    Last edited by RuffledPansy; 15-11-2014 at 12:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Name: K
    Lives (State and Town/Area): Sunshine Coast Hinterland
    Children and ages: DD1=6, DD2=20mths and DS onboard 18w
    Hobbies: feels like i dedicate lots of time to studying and cleaning...
    Interests: reading, shopping, cooking, going to the gym
    Things I like doing with my family: crafts/waterplay!
    Things I like doing by myself: reading, shopping (without the kids), relaxing.
    Describe yourself as a best friend: I'm honest, open, caring, trustworthy.
    What I am looking for in a best friend: someone easy going.
    Things you would like to do with a best friend: gym/lunch/coffee/shop/hang out at home
    Last edited by KitiK; 15-11-2014 at 13:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Name: FuddyMum
    Lives (State and Town/Area):Qld North Brisbane
    Partner Name (if applicable):
    TTC or Pregnant: Pregnant 32 weeks
    Children and ages: 3year old boy
    Hobbies: Reading, collecting records.
    Interests:
    Things I like doing with my family: day trips, picnics , renovating and gardening around the house.
    Things I like doing by myself: Read, shopping, markets
    Describe yourself as a best friend: I am loyal, open minded, respectful and genuine.
    What I am looking for in a best friend:
    Someone that isn't afraid to take the lead and invite me out as much as I do them. That is easy to get along with and a good natured person.
    Things you would like to do with a best friend: hang out with kids, odd girls night like the movies dinner etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Name: BbBbBh
    Lives (State and Town/Area):Sydney
    Partner Name (if applicable): n/a
    TTC or Pregnant: No
    Children and ages: 2 & 7
    Hobbies: Scuba, bush walking,
    Interests: Travel, spirituality, children.
    Things I like doing with my family: Walking the dog, camping, fishing, holidaying, travel, being silly , cuddling my kids, discovering new parks, water play.
    Things I like doing by myself: Work, walking, galleries,
    Describe yourself as a best friend: Loyal, congruent , reliable, a believer in a 'hand up', fun, good listener
    What I am looking for in a best friend: 'Spur of the moment' type, reflective, giver/taker, fun, someone who can point out things I don't see and question dumb choices.
    Things you would like to do with a best friend: Walk, hang out, laugh, maybe take kids on holiday, see live music/festivals, exercise, coffee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Name: Tam

Lives: Edens Landing, Logan, QLD

Partner Name: Sam, 20

Children and ages: DS 5 months

Hobbies: baking, painting, writing, amongst other things I can't think of right now.

Interests: reading, video games, metal/hardcore/alternative music, concerts/local gigs, shopping, chocolate, cats, tea, Harry Potter (and other nerdiness/fandoms)

Things I like doing with my family: cuddles with my babies! (DS, DP and FB), video game and movie veg out days, going to see my parents and sister (and her DP, DS and DD).

Things I like doing by myself: getting my nails done, dancing like a crazy person, and singing at the top of my lungs (despite the fact I sound terrible aha)

Describe yourself as a best friend: Honest (bluntly so, sorry in advance!), kind, happy, awkward, nerdy, and occasionally inappropriate.

What I am looking for in a best friend: someone with a LO around the same age as my DS, happy, nerdy, with a few common interests!

Things you would like to do with a best friend: Coffee! Or tea, or chilled beverages, or even milk shakes if y'all are keen. Parks, library hangs, beach/pool trips, shopping, girlie mum dates, and just chilling and chatting!

About me: I'm a FTM to my darling Batman (not his real name, I'm mad but not that much so!) and am engaged to my darling Sammy. I have moved around a whole lot since I graduated, and only 2 months ago was I finally able to put down some roots.
    I'm a huge nerd, I like things like Harry Potter, Doctor Who, and heaps of video games (I have 3 consoles and an in-progress gaming PC). I love anime, cartoons, comic books and super heroes.
    Halloween is my favourite holiday for so many reasons, I have a Shakespeare quote tattooed on my thigh, Maleficent and The Nightmare Before Christmas are my favorite films, I collect Lime Crime makeup, I love my meowing furbaby, Bellatrix, she is my fluffy princess, and baking cupcakes are my favourite thing to cook.
    I actually enjoy cleaning, and have OCD tendencies and would rather do a lot of things myself so I know they're done right the first time, walking is my favorite form of exercise, I suck at dieting, and I don't drive.

Send me a PM if you want to be my friend 😸😸😸

Thanks
    Reviews
    Name: littlelove
    Lives (State and Town/Area): Ipswich Qld
    Partner Name (if applicable): Mr Littlelove
    TTC or Pregnant: TTC mid 2015
    Children and ages: DS 1.5yrs
    Hobbies: Reading, photography, sewing, painting (as in painting the inside of my house), walking.
    Interests: Everything and anything! I'll try anything twice (just in case I was wrong the first time ). Love science, books, movies, crappy reality tv, music (all kinds - I have everything from the ramones to hilltop hoods to Dolly parton on my playlist, seriously!)
    Things I like doing with my family: swimming, going to the park or beach, would love to go camping, or just hanging out watching movies.
    Things I like doing by myself: napping! Listening to shamefully bad music while dancing like an idiot around the house and belting it out at the top of my lungs. Watching soppy sad movies and eating ben & jerrys (and maybe having a bit of a cry...shhhh!).
    Describe yourself as a best friend: caring, thoughtful, supportive, loyal, open minded and nonjudgmental. And most of all, drama-free!
    What I am looking for in a best friend: kind, easy going, and someone who will make an effort to contact me and catch up as much as I make an effort for them.
    Things you would like to do with a best friend: playdates at parks or each others houses, bbqs with the DP's, shopping, girls nights out, just hanging out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lives (State and Town/Area): NSW western sydney
    Partner Name (if applicable): Mr M
    Children and ages: DS 6 months
    Hobbies: reading, cuddles with DS, anything that gets us out of the house
    Interests: The Vampire Diaries and The Originals (obsessed!!), photography, graphic design
    Things I like doing with my family: walking down to the river, laying out the picnic blanket with a good book and a few toys
    Things I like doing by myself: exercise, cannot get anything done with others around and I'm on my 25kg weight loss journey
    Describe yourself as a best friend:
    Loving, caring, supportive. loyal, non judgmental
    What I am looking for in a best friend: easy going, similar lifestyle, interests and close proximity
    Things you would like to do with a best friend: play dates, coffee, shopping, gossip, foodie adventures ( doesn't usually go well with my weight loss journey!)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to azelqra For This Useful Post:

JET09  (07-05-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Name: Sian

Lives (State and Town/Area): Gosnells, WA

Partner Name (if applicable): Douchey McDoucherson (couldn't resist!)

TTC or Pregnant: NEITHER! We'll be TTC #2 next year.

Children and ages: DS1 - 9 months

Hobbies: Gaming, Writing, Babywearing, Movies, General geeky stuff

Interests: Harry Potter! Children, trying to lose weight (always!)

Things I like doing with my family: Errrrrrm, stuff. DS is too small to do much so far!

Things I like doing by myself: Well...that's a bit personal...if you know what I mean! Reading books, though.

Describe yourself as a best friend: I'm loyal and friendly and I kind of wish someone else was writing this because my instinct is to be disparaging to myself!

What I am looking for in a best friend: Ummmm, be cool, man...be cool!

Things you would like to do with a best friend: Be best friends! Have sleep overs and braid each other's hair!

I didn't think this through...I promise to come back and edit with better responses as I think about it...I'm quite forgetful so it may not happen!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Apple iPhart6 For This Useful Post:

LysnDan  (03-01-2015),peanutmonkey  (16-11-2014)