+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Fitness routines

I am 9 weeks postpartum and I am interested in what everyone's fitness routine is after having a baby?

Do you go to a gym? Do you exercise with other mums? Do you exercise from home?

How many days do you train/exercise?

Do you follow a particular diet?

I personally go to the gym 4 days a week and am doing weight training and I am eating a clean diet ( no soy, no dairy, no refined sugar, low carbs )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Subbing. Keen to hear what others are doing, particularly post-Caesar as I'm cautious about doing anything too vigorous just yet.

Currently walking 3-4km most days and have just added swimming back into the mix.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    I'm following the Lose Baby Weight plan but doing the Zumba exercises from the DVDs I did a couple of years ago.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Neeka View Post
    I am 9 weeks postpartum and I am interested in what everyone's fitness routine is after having a baby?

Do you go to a gym? Do you exercise with other mums? Do you exercise from home?

How many days do you train/exercise?

Do you follow a particular diet?

I personally go to the gym 4 days a week and am doing weight training and I am eating a clean diet ( no soy, no dairy, no refined sugar, low carbs )
    I am 9 weeks post baby. I am a long distance walker. I was out walking again the day after I got out of hospital. I walk ds to school every second day at the moment (due to our current temp and humidity where we live otherwise I would walk every day) then go for a long walk for an hour. I started crunches 4 weeks post baby which I do every second day. I do light weights every second day and I do 10minute workouts which I have on DVD daily. They range from yoga, ab workouts, cardio, leg workouts. We have our own gym set up in the shed and I have a treadmill but we don't have air on in the shed yet and it's awfully hot this time of year so I have been going to the work gym as the membership is included in our social club so very minimal. I go there whilst out walking on the way home.
    Ds who is 3.5 is good sitting there having his morning tea and baby is happy in his pram while I workout. I have been lucky that after every baby I have been back to pre figure and pre baby weight within weeks of giving birth without much effort at all, i have not liked to do too much exercise whilst pregnant and haven't been too fazed on too much exercise until I knew I was done having kids. Now I am done having kids I want to get into it properly again and get super toned and fit. Basically I am doing some exercise every day, about 2 hours all up everyday except weekends which are family time, I don't do any exercise. I'm making the most of getting fit while I have a year off and have plenty of time on my hands. As for diet, I don't have fizzy drinks, I always drink a lot of water, eat sweet foods in moderation, lots of fish, red meat, fruit and veggies, rice, lots of salads. I don't have much pasta. My diet has always been the same.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 15-11-2014 at 17:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I am 9 months post csec and each week am doing:
    1 x gym class
    3 x treadmill runs
    2 x 1 hour walks
    2 x exercise bike sessions

After I had my csec I did a lot of walking and riding. I didn't want to do running until I had been cleared by the physio (last time I started too early and received some resulting injuries). Physio's recommend women hold off on heavy exercise (running etc) for approx 6 months to give their pelvic floor time to recover.

As for diet I try to eat ok but am not going on any crazy diets. 1. I don't believe they are sustainable 2. I am breastfeeding and they would interfere with my supply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    4 months pp. Currently 6 hours gym classes, 6 hours cycling.

I have one of the more challenging bodies. It's probably good to have a contrast as not every body lets go of weight as easily due to how their system works. I too have lost the baby weight after each pregnancy and have kept working out through my pregnancies. Losing weight consists of Low cal/carb eating, 2 hours of dedicated exercise a day (strength training and cardio). Once my weight is down I then have to eat a maintenance diet in which treats are very rare.

I have PCOS and have been medicated for IR in the past. I put a lot of weight on with this pregnancy with no explanation as I continued to work out and eat a 'balanced diet'. Only the basic GD test was done which I think was a bit of an oversight. There was about two months where I was not allowed to do much due to bleeds also.

Have generally had a 'relaxed' week straight after birth, yet I still would order say a yoghurt over ice cream and jelly in the hospital and still make good general choices on the food. Then I tend to cut back the calories slowly and replace any foods with low cal/carb and spent most of the 6 weeks prior to exercising again on a shake diet. By six weeks pp I hit the gym, starting with 1 hour sessions of an all over aerobic workout then add in strength training and an extra hour of cardio by the time bub is 3 months.

I'm already feeling stronger but still have 7kg to get back into my BMI and another 13kg after that to get back to where I used to be. In the past this has worked well, but I've hit a plateau this last month so getting more bloods done this week to check what is mucking up...was supposed to be today but it didn't fit in.

I should comment too that I am unable to physically breast feed now. With my first I was able to do a little and did not diet or do a huge amount of exercise until he was 6 months so that I wouldn't lose what little I had.
    Last edited by Little Ted; 15-11-2014 at 17:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing to come back later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cycling is good!

Last edited by delbertbrown73; 19-11-2014 at 21:34.