+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 152
  1. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Hi,
    I am in the same boat but I have a 4.4yr old, 17month old and a 2 week old. Ive just had a c section that was complicated so completely feeling your pain. Yesterday was the day from hell I'm dreading next week when hubby is back at work 6 days a week.
    Here if u need to chat x

  2. #82
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3gorgeousboys View Post
    Hi,
    I am in the same boat but I have a 4.4yr old, 17month old and a 2 week old. Ive just had a c section that was complicated so completely feeling your pain. Yesterday was the day from hell I'm dreading next week when hubby is back at work 6 days a week.
    Here if u need to chat x
    You poor thing! When does the oldest go back to school?

    My hubby works away, 1 week on 1 week home, so it's only a real challenge every second week but its intensified I think cause I have no relief! I've just booked DS into occasional care, starting next Friday morning he'll go for 3hours every week... I'm nervous but think it will be good for all of us!

  3. #83
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,207
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked
    621
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a 13 month old DD and a 3 week old DD.

    It's going okay so far, some days are harder than others but we are getting there. Luckily dd2 is sleeping a bit better at the moment and we are getting 3 hour blocks overnight.

  4. #84
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelleClareBear View Post
    I have a 13 month old DD and a 3 week old DD.

    It's going okay so far, some days are harder than others but we are getting there. Luckily dd2 is sleeping a bit better at the moment and we are getting 3 hour blocks overnight.
    Whoa! 13 months & 3 weeks, that will keep you busy!

    My DD was sleeping thru from 6:30pm to 5/6am then till 7/7:30am but has regressed a little in the last week, last night she made it to 4am but it's been 2 or 3 wake ups after midnight all week, I'm exhausted, probably why DS' behaviour is irritating me more!

  5. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    2,207
    Thanks
    390
    Thanked
    621
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    Whoa! 13 months & 3 weeks, that will keep you busy!

    My DD was sleeping thru from 6:30pm to 5/6am then till 7/7:30am but has regressed a little in the last week, last night she made it to 4am but it's been 2 or 3 wake ups after midnight all week, I'm exhausted, probably why DS' behaviour is irritating me more!
    Yep! She turned 13 months a week after my other one was born.

    they will keep me busy!

    Oh no, hope you get some better sleep tonight!

  6. #86
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just had a big melt down this morning, my toddler is really making it difficult for me to BF bub, I'm sick of yelling at him & getting nowhere, I feel so sorry for bub not getting fed properly cause of the distraction! Rang my Mum in tears, she had 6 kids, I have no idea how she did it!!

  7. #87
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,831
    Thanks
    5,048
    Thanked
    4,432
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by AmyEL View Post
    I just had a big melt down this morning, my toddler is really making it difficult for me to BF bub, I'm sick of yelling at him & getting nowhere, I feel so sorry for bub not getting fed properly cause of the distraction! Rang my Mum in tears, she had 6 kids, I have no idea how she did it!!
    Big huge hugs! Frustrating isn't it!!?

    I tell you what you really get an appreciation of your mum once you have kids! 6!!!? My god! Well done to your mum!

  8. #88
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks
    368
    Thanked
    1,568
    Reviews
    2
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Big huge hugs! Frustrating isn't it!!?

    I tell you what you really get an appreciation of your mum once you have kids! 6!!!? My god! Well done to your mum!
    Very frustrating! My DH works away & by the end of the week he's gone (gets home tomorrow) I feel like my patience has totally gone!

    I ended up putting DS in his cot after he tipped the potty & its contents over after I told him to leave it alone... So I left him there, fed DD & put her to bed, then when & got him out... DD has been asleep for 2 hours, most I usually get out of her is 1.5hrs shows how with a decent feed she can sleep longer!

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to AmyEL For This Useful Post:

    A-Squared  (10-02-2015)

  10. #89
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    253
    Thanks
    57
    Thanked
    68
    Reviews
    0
    Subbing to this thread.

    Have DS who is 17 months, and bub #2 due in early Sept. Already having nightmares about coping with 2 littlies!

    Seeing that others have recommended the daycare option, I have decided I will keep sending DS 1 to daycare 2 days a week, so I get some sanity. May also opt to get a babysitter/grandparents for a few hours on those days to mind bub, so I can get some things done (and restore sanity!). DH luckily only works 5 days a week and has lots of leave, so I will get *some* reprieve.

    What other survival tips do Mummas of toddlers and newborns have? Any helpful hints appreciated.

  11. #90
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    7,831
    Thanks
    5,048
    Thanked
    4,432
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Subbing to this thread.

    Have DS who is 17 months, and bub #2 due in early Sept. Already having nightmares about coping with 2 littlies!

    Seeing that others have recommended the daycare option, I have decided I will keep sending DS 1 to daycare 2 days a week, so I get some sanity. May also opt to get a babysitter/grandparents for a few hours on those days to mind bub, so I can get some things done (and restore sanity!). DH luckily only works 5 days a week and has lots of leave, so I will get *some* reprieve.

    What other survival tips do Mummas of toddlers and newborns have? Any helpful hints appreciated.
    My only advice is learn ways to cope with frustration and possibly anger and research mindfulness. Nothing I did changed how effected DD was when DS came along, she was jealous threw tantrums and I found it hard to feed and settle bub too.

    I figured her behaviour was normal and wasn't going to change in a hurry so I now (try to) embrace it and tackle each day (sometimes each hour) as it comes and that has really helped me.

    Some days I still snap and regrettably yell at both kids, but I'm getting better at taking some deep breaths and breaking each feed or nap or outing into snapshots of time as they pass a lot quicker that way.

    Sorry I'm unsure if that helps.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Co-sleeping with toddler and newborn
    By debsch in forum Co-Sleeping
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 22-06-2014, 18:13
  2. tamdem feeding toddler and newborn
    By wigglepuss in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-05-2014, 15:36
  3. Pram for toddler & newborn
    By Mrs Summer in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 16-11-2013, 23:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Shapland Swim Schools
Shapland's at participating schools offer free baby orientation classes once a month - no cost no catches. Your baby will be introduced to our "natural effects" orientation program develop by Shapland's over 3 generations, its gentle and enjoyable.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Vibe Natural Health
Your natural health care team for fertility, pregnancy, post natal and family health care. Our Naturopaths, Doctors, Osteopaths, Acupuncturists, Psychologists,Nutritionists, Pilates, & Massage specialise in women & children's health and wellbeing.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!