+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Afternoons are the worst time already ugh not looking forward to adding a baby to the mix, I'm suspecting I will prefer nighttime even despite the lack of sleep.

So has anyone had any toddler jealousy problems? Did you do anything special for your toddler when you brought the baby home?
    We've been lucky too, DD loves her little brother and we haven't had any jealousy issues. Before he was born we talked about the baby a lot, said it was her baby and she's so special to be a big sister. When he arrived we made sure she was the first to meet him and spend some time with him before anyone else came. Once we were home I never told her she couldn't touch him or cuddle him, I just showed her how to do it (sitting properly on the couch) and let her give him all the cuddles she wanted.

She did play up a bit during feeds at first, she saw an opportunity with me stuck on the couch and took full advantage! Now feeds are much quicker so she barely notices now.

She's really protective and won't let other kids touch him, it's really cute

It could be the age gap or the fact that he's a boy - if we'd had another girl it might have been different. This way she gets to stay our "special girl" iykwim.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine aren't too bad with the jealousy thing, my DD was so excited to be a big sister, and although she desperately wanted a sister I think maybe she isn't as jealous as he is a boy and she's the only girl still!
    That said she did try and pinch him on the leg the other day when I was feeding him!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so slack with bathing dd2, but I try to either pop her in the shower with dh or dd1 bath. It helps dd1 loves sharing and dd2 lasts all of 5 mins. So I've set myself up with a spare nappy and clothes and moisturiser and sat on the ground beside the bath after taking dd2 out and let her play on the ground while dd1 plays in the bath.

As for jealousy, thankfully none. We do pretty much the same as someone else suggested and let her cuddle etc. She can be a bit rough at times so I do have to keep an eye on them, she rolled her over the other day and even worse fed her peanut butter while she was in the swing. It would be a lot easier to tell her off if bub wasn't grinning from ear to ear the whole time. Behaviour of my 2y8m dd1 is pretty horrible in general though at times. But when I compare to my friends kids it seems fairly common.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Yeah I'm hearing that other toddlers between 2.5 and 3 are all the same, it makes me feel somewhat better as I know it's normal and I can't change it, but frustrating none the less - the lack of logic just astounds me. I should just take a deep breath and acknowledge it's not a big deal but it just makes my blood boil - it's a natural reaction.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wish me luck ladies. 21 month old DS1 has come down with a fever, cough and runny nose. Last time he was sick it lasted 10 days of fevers and was super clingy the whole time. Now I have a 7 week old DS2 to look after and hope he doesn't get the fever as he's so little Id have to take him to get seen and likely get blood tests etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Wish me luck ladies. 21 month old DS1 has come down with a fever, cough and runny nose. Last time he was sick it lasted 10 days of fevers and was super clingy the whole time. Now I have a 7 week old DS2 to look after and hope he doesn't get the fever as he's so little Id have to take him to get seen and likely get blood tests etc
    Good luck! I hope it doesn't last 10 days again!

DD is really causing me concern at the moment, her tantrums are happening all throughout each day, she's defiant, never listens, cries over everything, she's not eating much, not drinking much, she's biting her nails and some fingers barely have any nails left and are bleeding and catching dirt, nothing I do makes her happy, any attempt to get her to eat, drink, stop biting her nails, get her involved in activities other than TV and iPad are met with screaming and tears. I am at my wits end, dealing with her every day is draining, I don't enjoy her company any more, I dread days with her and I'm worried about her fingers and general health too.

She was a high needs baby who was awesome between 14 and 24ish months, and I thought DS would be difficult once he came along, but nope! Even though he has his frustrations mainly his inability to settle with wind every third or gouty feed, DD again is the one causing me stress and worry.

I hate feeling this way, I just hope she snaps out of these things soon, I don't know how much more I can take. Is she really typical of this age? Are they all so defiant all day every day? I'm wondering if there's something medically or emotionally/mentally wrong with her right now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing and thank you all for sharing, big hugs to all of you!

DD (2.5) is about to become a big sister, new arrival is here before Xmas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shani2 View Post
    Good luck Shani... DH had a cold a few weeks ago, I was so worried that DD would get it but she didn't, your breastmilk will protect DD2, good luck again XXX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

DD is really causing me concern at the moment, her tantrums are happening all throughout each day, she's defiant, never listens, cries over everything, she's not eating much, not drinking much, she's biting her nails and some fingers barely have any nails left and are bleeding and catching dirt, nothing I do makes her happy, any attempt to get her to eat, drink, stop biting her nails, get her involved in activities other than TV and iPad are met with screaming and tears. I am at my wits end, dealing with her every day is draining, I don't enjoy her company any more, I dread days with her and I'm worried about her fingers and general health too.

She was a high needs baby who was awesome between 14 and 24ish months, and I thought DS would be difficult once he came along, but nope! Even though he has his frustrations mainly his inability to settle with wind every third or gouty feed, DD again is the one causing me stress and worry.

I hate feeling this way, I just hope she snaps out of these things soon, I don't know how much more I can take. Is she really typical of this age? Are they all so defiant all day every day? I'm wondering if there's something medically or emotionally/mentally wrong with her right now.
    Can you take DD on a mummy daughter date, without DS? Express if you're breastfeeding? Go and get a pedicure together or have lunch & treat her special? She might just be craving some one on one attention. It is so hard being a mum of 2, just being pulled in both directions is so difficult, I know my bub is left to cry more than I would like while tending to my toddler & my toddler is left to entertain himself more that he's used to... That's probably the but I struggle the most with, the juggle!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post

This sounds almost exactly what DS (20 months) is like when he is teething. Minus the nail biting. Drives us bonkers!!!