+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes (WA here) so only just reached the magical 7pm bedtime!!

We only started regularly bathing DD when she turned 4 weeks, before that we only bathed her about once a week... But now we do both as we're big on creating a routine for bub... Not sure if you have help with bath time but this is what I do when by myself... After dinner I run the water for bub's bath, wash her, dry her & turn the water back on to warm it back up & fill it up for DS... I get him to come with me & close bathroom door while I dress DD (he can't be trusted to not hop in without me!) after DD is dressed I put her in the cot near change table with dummy & get DS undressed (I find this easier rather than chasing him around the house) then I put DD in the rocker I have in the bathroom while DS is in the bath... If she needs a feed I BF her (we have a chair in bathroom) once DS is done I put DD back in cot with dummy & get DS dressed on the change table... Then DS has his milk while I BF DD, I leave her in swing & go and read DS a story & put him to bed, then I tackle DD as we are trying to teach her to self settle so I usually have to go back in a couple of times to settle her, where as DS is asleep very quickly. Sorry bit long, but it's a bit of a process to make sure both are clean & in bed by 7pm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I give DS a bath most nights as part of the nighttime routine. He loves the bath.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry I haven't been back. We've had a big weekend with being toddler free yesterday we went for a pub lunch with DS2 then shops. Then today I did an hour drive on my own with both boys for a birthday party at a park. There for an hour and a half and then drove the hour home! Having both to supervise at the park was fun but luckily once food was out all DS1 wanted was to sit and eat blueberries

Going out alone has been ok mostly but definitely harder! Food shopping last week was a disaster that ended with everyone in tears me included but the previous 2 times had been fine.

Both boys get a shower with DH each night as a part of there bedtime routine. That's been happening since DS2 was about a week old. I LOVE bed time, and have actually decided to move DS1's bedtime forward to 6.30 as last night he went to bed earlier and then actually slept till 7.30 rather than the 6 that has been the last week. Plus the more time DH and I get on a night is a bonus!!

All I can say is that I am lucky DS2 is a better sleeper than DS1 was as I would be stuffed if he couldn't self settle! Jumping yelling toddler on our bed next to the bassinet DS2 is trying to sleep in, not conducive to sleep!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Luckily we don't have a bedtime routine just yet so I can out the kids down at different times.

It's the afternoons I find hard and boring all around, it's too much of a rush to go out anywhere, but staying at home DD gets bored, DS is constantly feeding and hard to out down and I literally count the minutes until DH gets home, which right now could be 3-3.5 hours away!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think keeping the older child entertained and manageable is definitely the hardest part! DD gets so naughty if we've been home all day. We have a small house so there's not a lot of room for her to play inside. I always end up putting a movie on for her which isn't ideal but she does get a lot of outside time too.

I am so tired today. Between DS feeding at night, coughing with his croup and DD waking up crying at all hours (no idea what that's all about!) I am shattered. DH fell asleep on the couch on Friday night and couldn't hear any of it so I got up 5 times between 10pm and 6am. It's so hard to catch up from nights like that when there's no chance of a sleep-in or and full nights sleep any time soon!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Cue For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yep! Look at DD in all her boredom...

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1416204403.002771.jpg

Took her clothes off and put on Daddy's tie!!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Cue  (17-11-2014),Eilonwy  (17-11-2014),smallpotatoes  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Afternoons are the worst time already ugh not looking forward to adding a baby to the mix, I'm suspecting I will prefer nighttime even despite the lack of sleep.

So has anyone had any toddler jealousy problems? Did you do anything special for your toddler when you brought the baby home?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Anyone else with a toddler and a newborn? Want to chat

Quote Originally Posted by Eilonwy View Post
    Afternoons are the worst time already ugh not looking forward to adding a baby to the mix, I'm suspecting I will prefer nighttime even despite the lack of sleep.

So has anyone had any toddler jealousy problems? Did you do anything special for your toddler when you brought the baby home?
    Luckily so far we've avoided that.

The baby bought the toddler a present. I also bought a whole bunch of stuff we could do together or at least I can easily supervise while I fed/cuddles a baby - play dough, sticker book, paint, crayons etc.

Also while my DH was home for the first week, I found it was good to have time just us I between DS's feeds, even if it was just going to the shops for an icecream.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Sorry to say but nothing helps with DDs jealousy. She has been a rite little sh*te since DS has come along (well it started before he was born but is now worse) no amount of distraction can make her happy to be sharing me with DS.

I'm just lucky he's only ever fed 3-4 times a day (though 1 includes a witching hour or 3) and sleeps quote a bit in the day or aim not sore what I'd do with her.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Eilonwy  (17-11-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Sorry to say but nothing helps with DDs jealousy. She has been a rite little sh*te since DS has come along (well it started before he was born but is now worse) no amount of distraction can make her happy to be sharing me with DS.

I'm just lucky he's only ever fed 3-4 times a day (though 1 includes a witching hour or 3) and sleeps quote a bit in the day or aim not sore what I'd do with her.
    Oh dear you must have your hands full!