+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    So we had a family day out today. It wasn't exactly relaxing! DS spewed everywhere twice (all over himself and his wrap) and was a bit grumpy, and DD was running around like a wild child. We surrendered just after lunch and came home. A bit ambitious I think! Might wait until DS is a few months older before we try that again.
    We tried that a few weeks ago and it was a disaster, lots of toddler public tantrums and she was disturbing everyone, making us both angry, we got our food in take away containers and left.

Anyone know when life gets to be enjoyable again and not a huge hassle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I think it'll get easier when DS is old enough to sit up and look around, sit in a high chair at lunch, be able to stay awake for longer periods... So probably around the 6-9month mark? From memory, that's around the time it got easier taking DD out. It'll never be as easy as going out with just the one child (or no kids!) but hopefully we'll adjust and find our feet eventually!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Geez I can't wait till my husband is home so I can have a small break & some help! Doing it all for a week is so tough... I look forward to 7pm Tuesday night cause it means no more bedtime routine on my own (well, for a week, then back to it) 3 sleeps to go!

As for going out, I've only managed playgroup by myself & the 2 kids... It'll be a long long time before I venture to the shops! I'm going to my sisters tomorrow morning, but I feel like that's a safe zone... I'm actually quite terrified of being in public alone with my 2!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Joining. Haven't read all your comments though. Maybe if I get enough time lol.

I have ds who is 19months & dd is almost 4 months.

Its HARD!

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Must have been the day for outings! I took DS1 to a birthday party and took DS2 along too. DH took DD to the movies, I think it would have been too much for me to take her too, definitely easier to take the 5yo than the 3yo!
    Then DH took DD and DS1 to the pool this afternoon, so DS2 and I got to stay home and have a rest!
    Although it is good to get out with the baby, sometimes it is better to spend as much time at home as you can until they're a little older, difficult though as the older children get a bit stir crazy!
    We have weekly swimming lessons that I have to venture out with all 3 on my own, otherwise I try to avoid it as much as I can!
    Don't really remember when it gets easier, but it does!
    It is definately not too bad when your two kids are 3 and 5!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    LittleBug's mum I don't know how you do swimming lessons with 3, I struggled with 2 today!

DH had to work and DD had her swimming lesson, so of course I had to take her with DS. DD often doesn't pay attention in class or doesn't follow instructions so we bribe her with an ice cream (yes, great parenting). Well, today was the worst she's ever, so no icecream. Which led to a massive screaming crying tantrum where I was carrying a sleeping baby in a capsule, a crying toddler, nappy bag and swim bag all the way out to the car in the rain.

Not the best outing! Pleased to say that I kept my cool and we all survived though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my DD has had some if her worst tantrums at the pool! My older 2 both love swimming, so the swimming lesson part is easy, the difficulty is getting them out of the pool to go home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week

Default Anyone else with a toddler and a newborn? Want to chat

Isn't it lovely when both kids are in bed!? How's the serenity!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    Isn't it lovely when both kids are in bed!? How's the serenity!!!
    I've still got DS in my arms - he doesn't want to be put down! He's been a little unwell with croup so I am forgiving him tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What does everyone do with baths? Bath for the newborn from the start or just sponge bath while you can get away with it?